37" TV - Plasma or LCD?

C

clowner

I am looking at getting a 37" TV.

Up until the weekend i was all set on the Toshiba 37WLT66 but i noticed the Panasonic 37PX60 and liked.

It will mainly be used for TV/DVD and gaming. Bit worried over the plasma screen burn issue for gaming. How big an issue is it and what would be the general consensue on what to go for?

SlinkDaddy

Depends on gaming use. If you are talking a few hours a week then get the Pana, if you are gonna use a console a lot then get the Tosh. If set correctly the pana shouldn't burn as a lot of other threads say on here but you will always have it in the back of your mind whilst you are using your console. I used to have a pana TH37PE30 and after an hour i'd always have to turn my XBOX off for fear of burn (i know this set is 2 generations on). The tosh will not be as good a pic on normal SD TV/SKY/DVD etc as the pana, so its down to you to decide what the main priority is.

nick501

Distinguished Member
so if the screen is going to be used primarily for gaming - go for the LCD?

what about motion blur and smearing though?

nikz06

Just got my 37PX60 on friday, great set! Ive been doing gaming on there no signs of retention yet, no rentention on any of the logos aswel, watched the Amsterdam cup on there again no retention, great screen, Dvds look fantastic.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom