• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

37" to watch to watch footy

Ready11

Standard Member
Can anyone recommend a 37" 100hz to watch footy on, I have tried the Panny 37" and the it was a bit too big for the room, with the side speakers and sport was not that good on it.

Are there any other makes I should look at or should I go for the Panny 32LXD70?

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Hi

What 37" Panasonic was that? Plasma or LCD? And from what source? Freeview? Sky Sports ? Via Sky+ or Sky HD box or VM or VM+ box?

Sorry to ask but am interested myself in Panasonic sets but have learnt from reading this forum and some personal experience that the picture you get on footy particularly in SD depends not only on the TV but the source from which it is fed and the way it is connected and set up.

gillbee

Also in the market for a 37". LCD Ruled out the Panasonic as I'd heard a few folk say that it was well off the mark of their other smaller models. I'm currently looking into the Toshiba 37" 37Z3030D which ticks all your boxes. Not got round to going and checking it out yet.

Ready11

Standard Member
Was also looking at the Toshiba 37WLT68 Amazon £559.99, is it as good as the Z series can't find in any shops

gillbee

The 37WLT68 - it's not a full 1080P set, but I don't know if that is one of your requirements. The Z series also has 24 FPS 5:5 Pull Down which is supposed to improve fast motion. I'm a bit new to the whole LCD jargon but the Z series got a whole whack of recommendations and seems to be worth the extra if 1080P is on your must have list.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom