• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

37" Television options

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Happy New Year all.

Just wondered if any of you could give recommendation to a 37" Full HD television in the region of £600 - £700.

Not too fussed about about it having Freeview Built in, but it must have adequate connections for a Freeview Box, DVD Player and Xbox 360.

Cheers,
Michael.

brain_stew

Established Member
The 40" M87 is only £15 outside of your budget at Dixons with the code PR25, add in £20 odd cashback from Quidco and you're talking less than £700 all told. With 1080p, you'll notice a bigger difference with a larger screen.

Neither of the above TVs mentioned are 1080p which the OP mentioned as a specification but if this isn't all that important they are valid considerations.

E

Eliphelet

Out of both of those, the Samsung and the Sony, I would go with the Sony. Not for any technical reasons but I've had a lot of Sony equiptment and never had a problem with it.

The 40" M87 that was mentioned by brain_stew also looks nice, you specified 37" so I don't know if that was due to space considerations as well as a budget. From the other equipment you have 1080p isn't really needed. The freeview box and the DVD player v likely don't support the option and I think the Xbox has a max res of 720p(correct me if i'm wrong).

Also you'd only really notice the 1080p benfits on a slightly larger screen, which would be outside your price range. If you don't have them to hand remember to budget for any hdmi cables needed as without them the purchase of the TV in the first place is almost a waste of your hard earned cash :)

Eliphelet

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Are there any sets that can be recommended from a Gaming perspective? I was looking at a Tosh full HD set but some have mentioned that the gradient colours have been poor on both the PS3 and 360?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom