37" PW5 vs 42" PW6

C

cheeseburger

Has anybody ran a comparison between a 37" PW5 and a 42" PW6.

My 37 PW5 has died and is going back. My problem is that I need a straight replacement to suit wall bracket, vga adaptor and component inputs. Hence the PW6 choice.

Picture quality on the 5 was quality through DVD and Sky.

If I knew what the 7 is going to be like eg connection area and a definite 37" model, then I may be tempted to wait.

Any comments are appreciated. Cheers.

What the pw5 die of by the way?

It didn't so much die but I was sold a pup by Comet. I bought the ex display model as it was the only one I could get.

On getting it home and connecting it to a decent source I found it had a strange horse shoe shaped burn on the screen. On checking out the hours the screen had done I found it had 3000 hours of use, therefore it was goodbye and back to comet.

I still have the screen untill I find a replacement or Simon Fox at comet relents and offers to repair it. If not they have agreed to a full refund. I am just left with a problem replacing it.

Hi Johns Wifey Here :)

We have since last July both the Panny 37 5 and currently Panny 42 6

Must say the 42 is miles better than the pw5, and even better with a power source cleaner, wow, what an improvement for £90 ish.

No noticeable flicker whatsoever, although some have reported it.

I was constantly seeing flicker on the pw5.

We are using telewest digibox rgb scart and have fabulous results (minus Eastenders of course).

Absolutely quiet screen.

I must say i was a bit scepticle about getting BIGGER this time but to be honest cant notice it being bigger than the 37., well not much.

Glad we made this choice and very pleased.

Just my little 2p worth, hope it helps!

Wifey :) :) ;)

Thanks for that info.

Is the mains conditioner you are using a Russ Andrews affair?

Do you also run a progressive scan DVD into both the 5 and 6?

Thanks again.

cheeseburger

Panasonic will launch the 7 Series Displays in Sept 04 and the Standard Definition 37" model does make a welcome return.

Best regards

Joe

no not using prog scan dvd, a basic dv88 just cant justify the cost for the upgrade, will get prog scan when i replace my dvd player

Thanks Jo and Jason.

Jo. Have you been privvy to the styling of the new 7 as aesthetically I like the look of the 5/6 and would like to keep with this.

Many thanks Mike

Cheers John.

I have an Arcam DV27 and find the picture is crystal via prog scan through the 5, so if the 6 is better then things can only get better on the film front.

Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom