37" LG5010 blurring

AGREEN

Standard Member
Reaction score
just bought a new LG 37" 5010 and not so happy with the picture qualitly. i have noticed a lot of blurring when the scence is dark. the man in currys explained that buying a tv with 100hz would stop this problem but the price difference is huge. is there any way of stopping it or am i stuck till i up grade.

just bought a new LG 37" 5010 and not so happy with the picture qualitly. i have noticed a lot of blurring when the scence is dark. the man in currys explained that buying a tv with 100hz would stop this problem but the price difference is huge. is there any way of stopping it or am i stuck till i up grade.

blurring due to MOTION?... or only in dark scenes? if you are noticing blurring or trails when watching football for example combined with a camera pan shot then he's kinda right... 100Hz WILL help that but often brings out other flaws in PQ. if the blurring is just happening with dark scenes then there might be not much you can do about it.... try using the expert mode and change the settings to see if it gets better.

Thanks for the tips. will have a blast and see what comes up.

Could it perhaps be the intelligent sensor that the 5010 models have? It is meant to adjust contrast automatically in dark scenes depending on the amount of light in your room it detects. I heard many people are returning these TVs because they reported they could notice it changing during dark scenes.

I have not tried using the sensor for i have noticed it is useless compared to setting up with normal controlles. have heard that lots of people have been experiancing the same problems as i have had so glad not to be the only one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom