• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

37" LCDs - Samsung Le37r88bd for €949 or Sony KDL37P3020 for €799?

jj2005

Standard Member
Any advice given, even a quick comment is gratefully received.
At the moment it'll be used 90% for ordinary cable TV (NTL).
I've heard Samsung isn't as good audio wise. Audio makes up 40% importance, picture makes up 40% and price 20%.
If TV does eventually get broadcast in 1080p, will it look bad on the Sony with its 720p?

ChrisGgr

37P3020 costs below £600 not £800

ChrisGgr

Ahhh sorry I just saw them!!In euros the prices are very good.The price difference between the two is serious though and the performance isnt that much different to justify the extra money the R88

wokeye

I know that the Samsung is an excellent TV as I have one. Strange pricing really as the Samsung is usually great value in the UK. If the Sony is decent it is maybe worth the saving :confused:

The Samsung is 720p also by the way.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom