37" LCD Less than 300 Beer Tokens

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, and gals of course,

I have looked at this for some time this morning trying to see what the catch is. I did a search on these forums for the M3700 and came across one thread where the guy is using it to connect into his HTPC.

Looking into the further specifications on the web link shows it can accept RGB, composite and component inputs.

A 37" LCD screen for less than £300.00, whats the catch ?

http://www.inmac.co.uk/catalogue/item/SHAMON11

Regards
Keith Hurst

That has to be a error on the price.....

I think this may be an error. They have two "Sharp LC M3700" listed - the other one is £1264 ! The other one could be an extended warranty or something.

I had thought that from the get go. An error in the pricing, perhaps it was just for the stand or something else.

However the page clearly states it's for the 37" display itself. What are the general rules these days on web sites 'advertising' an incorrect price. Surely they have to honour it ?

Times to read the terms and conditions of the site I think.

Keith

You don't have a leg to stand on. They will have the usual "Errors and exceptions" bit in their T & C's, and Advertising Standards does not apply to web sites, unless it's a banner ad on someone else's site.

In the good old days companies used to uphold price errors etc but they will find some legal loophole and not sell at that price.

I suspected this was the case, but thought I would ask for clarification here first. After all you never know.

Thanks guys
Keith

Snoods,

I'm currently trying to persuade one of my work colleagues to whip the credit card out. It was he who passed the link onto me andasked me to look into it as he knows my fondness for all things AV lol.

I am temped though I must admit....

Regards
Keith

Hi If you order it and they accept the order and send the goods for that price ,then that is legally binding I believe. If they come back later and say that its the wrong price they can't ask for the rest of the money.

DigiDunk said:
Hi If you order it and they accept the order and send the goods for that price ,then that is legally binding I believe. If they come back later and say that its the wrong price they can't ask for the rest of the money.

Look at their Terms & Conditions, item 6 -

"6. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel or refuse orders for items shown on our websites with an incorrect price or with any other incorrect information. No contract is made with you until we have dispatched your order.

Nick,

aye I read this, it seems like its the standard get out clause for the web sites these days.

Not only that but the original link's page has changed somewhat. Earlier you could place an order. Now it says it is 'Unavailable'

Oh well, certainly gave me that Friday feeling, albeit for a short time lol

Thanks for all the input here guys.
Keith

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom