1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37 Inch LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jonnyduffield, Oct 8, 2005.

1. jonnyduffield

jonnyduffield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've finally got around to getting an LCD, and will be buying this weekend...the problem is I have 3 choices.

1. Toshiba 37WLT58
    2. Philips 37PF5520D
    3. Sharp LC37GA3E

Which is the best of those 3, or is there anything else out there worth considering as well? Budget is around £1400...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Nathanblack53

Nathanblack53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL im in the exact same situation as you!

Im deciding on the Toshiba or the Philips? The Philips is cheaper! i cant find the Tosh for anything under £1609 incl Tax and Delivery!
    The philips is £1269 then plus £200 for wall mount! so £1469 from Comet!

I really dunno which 1 to get! i think i might go in2 comet and ask them to hook up an xbox and a fast game see which controls the best if both the same then Philips is da 1 for me!

3. HCK

HCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'm also in the same boat. I am consindering the Philips, but also the JVC LT-DS6, which i've seen for around £1600.

Decisions, decisions!!!

4. Nathanblack53

Nathanblack53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im leaning towards the toshiba at the moment im gonna order in da nxt day or so!

5. HCK

HCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    could I ask your reasons for choosing the Toshiba ? Have you considered the JVC ?

6. Borgy

Borgy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a massive fan of the JVC 37DS6, was really impressed with the Quality, I currently have a Sharp 32P50E and would not swap for anything is superb...

7. chowells

chowells

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm liking the look of the LG RZ37LZ31 personally. 8ms GTG response and it will take signals of 1600x1200 from a PC.

8. Nathanblack53

Nathanblack53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive orderd my tv now a Toshiba 37WL56P! what hi-fi video and tv rated it a 5/5.

Cant wait for it to come!

9. jonnyduffield

jonnyduffield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the Philips yesterday.......

And here is a bit on my experience as a buyer....

The tv was on the Comet website for £1280. As I would rather have the TV immediately if I could, rather than wait a minimum of 5 days for delivery, I went to the Clifton Moor store in York to see if they would match the price and if there were any in stock.

I was told by the salesman in no uncertain terms that the online price would not be matched - indeed the store had been told "no" so many times that they no longer rang up to check if they could match the online price.

On the off chance I went into Currys on the same retail park, and asked them if they would match the online price of Comet. The salesman took the details, checked the Comet online price and matched it on the spot.

I bought the TV immediately from Currys - it was listed in their store as £1599.99.

It gets delivered on Thursday - I can hardly wait!