1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37 inch advice....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by grale22, Jul 10, 2005.

1. grale22

grale22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok.... I've read all the stuff about the Panny 500 and am a bit gutted. I know it seems to be a personal thing as to if the issues appear or bother you, but I'm seriously reluctant to part with my cash for something that may disappoint me.

So.... is there another good 37" HD set coming out anytime soon? Pioneer maybe? :confused:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well as there are only 5 manufactueres of PDP left (Matsush*t, Pioneeer Samsung, LG and Hitachi) and only matsush*ta and hitachi (IIRC) make 37" there isnt much choice............What dont you like about the PV500? and why not buy from somewhere with a good 328 day returns policy?

3. LCDC

LCDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about Philips and Sony, I thought they did 37" plasmas? The only Hitachi 37" is an old model, they've dropped the 37" plasma from their current line-up.

4. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I saw a 37 inch 500 today (well Sunday looking at the time!) in the local shop @ panasonic playing a high def demo.

If my wife hadn't have dragged me out of the shop I'd have bought one then and there! It wasn't a very scientific viewing to say the least but I did try and look for the faults mentioned on this forum and couldn't see any.

I'd go and have a good look at one if I were you and decide on what you see rather than what you read.

Dave

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    rebadged/worked Hitachi panels neither philips nor sony make PDP glass they just rebadge sometimer engineer Samsung Hitachi units................ so regardless of the badge on the front its a panny or morelikely hitachi Alis panel under the skin. LG or Samsung may make a smaller glass but as far as i know they start at 42" all the 32" plasmas are Hitachi, there is/was a35" JVC but its pretty horrendous PQ wise just go for a 42" difference really isnt that much overall

6. grale22

grale22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm..... a 328 day returns policy? Is that as good as it sounds? Get the 500... watch it... don't like it and retunr it for my money back within 328 days?

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I'm sure he means 28 days? lol

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    yes 28 days........