• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

37 inch 720p Recomendations (Samsung 4 series?)

A

andysapple

Hi everyone, I am in the market for a 37 inch LDC, and have approx £500 to spend.

I have decided that given my expected viewing distance (7-8 ft) and lack of any 1080p input (I have Virgin HD FWIW) I am going to get a standard 720p set. I have seen a few 1080p LCDs in my price range, but think I would prefer to get a higher quality 720p.

So, with this in mind, what are your opinions of the Samsung LE37A456C, which Currys are selling it at £499? Are there any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT
I have also seen this Samsung LE37A457 at John Lewis. Ideas, thoughts or comments would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben

Prominent Member
I have decided that given my expected viewing distance (7-8 ft) and lack of any 1080p input (I have Virgin HD FWIW) I am going to get a standard 720p set. I have seen a few 1080p LCDs in my price range, but think I would prefer to get a higher quality 720p.
How about the Panasonic TH-37PX80B plasma. Lots of people in the Virgin Media forum have the V+/Panny plasma combo & I've heard nothing but good things :)

A

andysapple

I was under the impression that an LCD would be better for the screen size?

Ben

Prominent Member
Nah, arguably more suitable if you're using it for gaming/computing - but for SD & HD broadcasts, I'd still go for plasma everytime :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom