~37" gaming screen - Advice needed.

S

SmellyIrishMan

Hello all,

I'm currently in the market for a ~37" LCD after recieving the very generous gift of a PS3 for X-mas. At the moment I have been looking at the Philips 37pfl9632 and would be very happy to get it only I am hearing some bad things about input lag. There seems to be mixed opinions on just how serious it is over on the big thread for it so my question is; are there any other screens I should be looking at that are good for gaming, or is the issue with the Philips being over-exaggerated? Ideally I'd like to give it a test run in a store but I doubt that is going to happen.

I will probably keep my 360 connected to my PC monitor which is where I do most of my "serious" gaming so some slighty lag on the PS3 might not be too much of an issue.

As an aside, I'll be watching the screen from ~7-8ft, is 37" about right?

Personally from 7 to 8 ft away I wouldn't like to go smaller than 40" but that's only my opinion.

I'd say 37inch is perfect. How about the Samsung R88/87 with its dedicated gaming mode? You could do much worse for that kind of price.

Samsung do seem to be held in quite high regard amongst gamers. Would I not be better off going with an M87, instead of the R87 as it will offer 1080 and still save me ~€500 over the PFL9632.

I have the M87 and have the 360 hooked up to it. This screen is amazing for the price as far as I am concerned.

I sit around 5-6 feet away and have it on 1080, the clarity is amazing, especially when using the settings that somebody posted (saves time). I went from a 23" Samsung to a 40" Samsung and its my excuse to the wife why I was getting killed alot on COD4 and I am sticking to it. At least now with the bigger screen I can see who is killing me :rotfl:

I use a 37" Sammy R87 with PS3 at about 6-7ft and find image excellent. I only wish that the screen would retain game mode as it tends to jump out and revert to dynamic (eye burning) mode.
Sammy tech should be calling tonight, so will post on his response.

Im running the Sammy 37inch 1080p and the elite 360 with HDMI and [Word removed by Curly99 - Circumventing the swearfilter] me its good dam good pic

Looks like the Samsung is striding ahead here, thanks for all the input.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom