37-40" Low input lag and responsive TV for PC/PS3 gaming

xchaotic

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Due to size constraints (small room), the max I can do is ca 40", but I would probably prefer a higher quality or cheaper 37" screen instead.

70% of the time (that it's on), the TV will be used for gaming, plugged in to a PC and a PS3.

Especially on the PC side, I would appreciate low input lag and good responsiveness (no blur).

As I understand, the 100Hz on most TV is a gimmick and it interpolates the two frames, making the issues worse not better.
Are there any TVs, that can take a proper 100Hz input and a game rendered at 100fps (which my PC can easily do) and display it as such?
If so I want such a TV, if not, can you recommend me some other TV?

Finally why are all TVs advertised as 50Hz - I am guessing they will not have any problem displaying or at leasting taking input PC or PS3 content at 60Hz?

Finally 2 I would prefer a model that I can pick up from a brick and mortar UK store, so Currys/PC World, Richer Sounds, John Lewis etc. Failing that, a place where I can specify for it to be delivered on a Saturday.

Finally 3, I will also use it for professional reasons to present websites to clients and I need it by Saturday (so it's set up and ready by Mopnday morning) at the latest.

Thank you very much in advance.

Mods: This needs to go to "Which TV should I buy", apologies.

Last edited:
Currently my favorite is SAMSUNG UE40EH5000.
I meaured it instore and it just barely fits...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom