37/40" 1080p Sets Help Me Choose

Darkstalker420

Standard Member
Hi with the price dropping on 1080p sets i have decided to join in. I have found a few that have caught my attention these are:

Sony V3000 40"
Philips PFL9632 37"
LG 37LF66 37"
Toshiba 37X3030DB 37"
Hitachi L37V01U 37"

I will be using the tv for upscaled DVD's and Blu Ray's + Games (all through HDMI'ed Playstation 3). So can anyone show me which im going to get most bang for the buck out of. I am also looking for a matching 5.1 Kit (no DVD) system with Optical in (for PS3) i class myself as a bit of a fiddler so im looking for lots of nice menus and picture options. Thanx

brain_stew

You should also take a look at the Samsung LE40M87, it can be had for £740 online, 1080p, 3x HDMI 1.3 and full 1080P/24p support and a ridiculous amount of menu options to fiddle away at.

If you don't mind going a little bigger the Panasonic TH42PZ70 plasma is well worth a look for ~ £900.

droom

The LG 37LF75 is well worth looking at and has a slightly better spec than the LF66. Also looks better IMO. If you shop around should get it for £600 :)

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
From the sets above I would definitely narrow down to 40V3000 and 9632 philips

Widge

the 9632 doesn't have much to fiddle with. Although there is a service menu but I have no idea whats inside it.

Interesting selection because thinking of how expensive the 9632 can be, I would replace the X series Tosh with the Z series one for consideration.

Darkstalker420

Standard Member
Cheers everyone edging towards Sony at the moment (then all my AV stuff will be from the same manufacturer :rolleyes:). Thinking of getting a Sony HT-SS1100 5.1 kit anyone have one? if so do you rate it. One more thing when i purchased the HDMI cable for the PS3 i got a 1.3 cable from what i understand at the moment this is not all that important but do the Sony's HDMI ports support 1.3 for a bit of future proofing. And will the Sony allow me to run the PS3 in full colour output instead setting it to limited as i have to now. Thanx

sniffer316

would not bother with any on the list go for the panny pz70 or pioneer pdp428
they are a class above these you have mentioned.:thumbsup:

LadFromWales

Droom,
Where can you get the 37LF75 for £600? It may sway me from spending the extra £150 on the 42!

Have you tried Sky SD through the TV? Consoles etc? Any input lag or smearing?

Your help would be most appreciated! :)

droom

Droom,
Where can you get the 37LF75 for £600? It may sway me from spending the extra £150 on the 42!

Have you tried Sky SD through the TV? Consoles etc? Any input lag or smearing?

Your help would be most appreciated! :)

Got mine from Empire direct for just less than £600 with a 10% discount code. hey had it on offer at £649.

No Sky SD but great on SD with a Freeview PVR. Absolutely no smear or lag on any input :thumbsup:

LadFromWales

Is the code still valid? The TV is still £649 and I'd buy it on the spot at just under £600, and a stand on top of that too!

Maybe even the 42, would be only £674!

EDIT: Just looked at ukdeals, guess they aren't :( Grrr, wish I'd found this TV a week earlier!

droom

Is the code still valid? The TV is still £649 and I'd buy it on the spot at just under £600, and a stand on top of that too!

Maybe even the 42, would be only £674!

EDIT: Just looked at ukdeals, guess they aren't :( Grrr, wish I'd found this TV a week earlier!

Bought on the 24th Dec 07 when 10% code valid. There doesn't seem to be any further discount at the moment :(

LadFromWales

Might wait a week or so and see what happens then. I'm working days all week this week so I won't be able to accept it anyway. Itching to buy it though, but it'll be £805 once I add the card for 3 year warranty and shipping :(

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom