1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp48 - where from ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jk106jpg, Feb 25, 2005.

1. jk106jpg

jk106jpg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, newbie here,

Simple question really (yeh right!), I’ve been looking for a new TV and had managed to become totally confused. I’ve narrowed down my selection now to the Tosh 36ZP48, having seen this and its competition. So now we are down to price, this set seems to go from £799 up to and over £1500, just for the TV no ‘package’ bundle.

Cheapest price I can find is a company called mkatv.com (£799), now I’d never heard of them until I started searching, has anybody else used these people, any comments good/bad? - no JL in sussex :(

Many thanks.

2. philangst

philangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I Had a look at their website but can only find the 36zp38 on it at £799 here

However they seem to have an e-bay store which is advertising the 36zp48 at £799+£50 delivery here

It might be worth dropping them an e-mail to see which model they have

3. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    If its on ebay 50-1 it is a customer return.

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    50-1 is pretty decent odds :)

5. philangst

philangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Reply from MKATV

we have both models in stock the toshiba 36zp38 and the toshiba 36zp48 both at the same price £799 plus £49.99

regards mka tvs ltd

6. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Did you buy your Toshiba from MKATV ?

I'm just looking at the Toshiba 36ZP48 for £849 delivered from them - Best price i can find.

7. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    JLs read the thread "Good Old JLs" :

8. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I asked JL Liverpool today if they would price match Sound and Vision (£883) as they do have a store. They said they stopped price matchin them since they was changin their prices all the time.
    They then tried to sell me a plasma for £1500/£1600/£2000 telling me the Toshiba is going out of date etc and it weighs about 17 stone!! Not that bothers me as I won't be moving about much :rolleyes:

9. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK Result :D
    I've just been back to JL Liverpool and got them to price match MKaTV.Com - £848.99 :D I wrote their name,address,phone number on a peice of paper, spoke to a differnt guy than yesterday, said I'm interested in the Toshiba and would like a price match with that shop. He went away to phone up and came back and said "no problem" It will be delivered Friday!!
    I also wrote the details of, Digital Point, PRC Direct, RGB Hi-Fi & Video down just incase but wasn't needed.

10. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Aletank,

I tried phoning JL Liverpool to get them to price match MKaTV.com, they wouldn't. Do you have a reference number for your price match that I can use?

Thanks!

11. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The TV was for my parents, they have the receipt but will check tomoz for you :smashin:
    I didn't mention the internet or the mkatv web site. I just wrote the shop name and address on a piece of paper with the model number and price and said I'd like that model TV and for you to price match that shop and he went a phoned them.
    Here's what I had wrote down -

Toshiba 36ZP48 £848.99 Delivered

MKA Televisions & Audio
    Unit 3
    27 Baker Street
    Gorleston
    Great Yarmouth
    Norfolk
    NR31 6QT
    01493 66 8807

The guy wrote the JL price £1095.00 and the mkatv price £848.99 on my slip of paper along with 825/75412 - Maybe that is a price match reference number ?? I'll check the receipt tomoz anyway to see if there's any mention of a price match reference number for you ;)

12. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you

13. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just checked the receipt and the closest thing to a reference number for the price match is - Merchant ID: 825/75412.
    If i was you I'd write the model number,price and shop details (no web addy)down on a piece of paper and go down to the shop and say"I'm interested in that model TV and would like you to price match that shop" Don't mention the internet at all. If they do ask how you come to find out about the shop/price, i'd say you seen it in a TV/Audio magazine. I think the mention of the internet scares them !! lol
    But take details of other retailers with you that sell it for £883 delivered as back up. Digital Point, PRC Direct, RGB Hi-Fi & Video , RGB have 2 showrooms!!
    Good Luck and let us know how you get on :smashin:

14. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I'll give it a go today. I've already had JL Oxford Street price match on RGB. They tell me RGB's show room price is £900 plus £39.95 delivery, so that's what they'll match. I'm still trying to get them lower. Also Brent Cross have also said they won't price match Sound and Vision in Bolton as per previous posting.

15. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried John Lewis in Liverpool. The reference number you gave me is their code for the TV. Unfortunately without your surname or a reference number from their undersale form they can't find a record. They also don't seem willing to match MKA. They have the TV in stock there, which they don't anywhere near west London, so that may be the problem. I'll keep plugging away!

16. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    *dusts himself down after three years without a post*

.....went along to Oxford street JL today, the price they will do this TV for is now 999 (1095 on website), Im am currently trying to get them to price match Sound And Vision for 878.88 Delivered - quite prepared to pay that if they do as seems a fair price, but we'll wait and see. Sound and Vision in Bolton have a proper shop I think (hope)......

....good gosh, this place has changed in the last few years, hardly recogise it.

17. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to get JL Oxford Street to price match RGB. They will only give the store price which is £900 plus £39.95 delivery. The reference for that price match is 34615. The Brent Cross store has told me they have a general circular not allowing price matching with Sound and Vision because they do not post prices in their stores. Seems to me like JL are back tracking on their price matching policy a little!

MKa are definately the cheapest, but I can't get any JL store to match them (£848.99 delivered).

18. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    back tracking a whole lot if you ask me! ggggrrrrrrrrrr. Not heard from them yet but this suggests they will refuse - so your price match is only really knocking 50 quid off? there must be someone out there we can price match with to get it under 900...thats all i want!

Having said that JL 5 year thing makes 950 a good price considering everywhere else only offer a 12 month policy...

Let me know if you do better and I'll keep trying as well.

19. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I'm annoyed that they don't seem to be honouring the price match. But they clearly still have the best warranty.

20. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    ...anyone had anymore luck pricematching? I might go into JL oxford street again tomorrow as no-one has even bothered to get back to me on my previous price match last week..... :mad:

It seems some people get them on the spot, but when I wne tin last time, I had to fill a form in and the salesperson said that the local store to the one I'd given him had to do the price match and that it would take 3-4 days?? :confused: was he just making that up to get me out the store?

Will try with MKA tomorrow...not letting this one go...... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

21. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    ...any chance of the actual ref for this price match? Im going to use this to twist their arm, will also take a number of prices in. Cant believe they did your there and then on the phone! well done anyway, you just have to share the love now though....
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lease:

22. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Where's the actual price match reference number ?? I can't see nothin on the receipt :confused:

23. Aletank

Aletank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just checked the receipt again as i say its my parents TV so means going to their house to check.
    The only other possible price match reference o nthe receipt is below, I've typed it out as it is on the receipt.

CR 0253829 END
    ALLOWENCE
    936 - 1 245.01 R
    SANCTION
    TOTAL 849.99

Hope that is of some help ;)

24. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    cheers Aletank, not sure what the ref looks like but i will take all my new info with me to JL tomorrow! :thumbsup: ..........who'd of thought it would be so hard to part with my cash for this TV????? :rolleyes:

25. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    ....before I could go in today i got a call form JL saying they couldn't price match Sound and vision because they dont display their prices.... :mad: .....which I was obviuosly expecting having been on here, so over the phone i gav ethem details for MKA, so they are now going to look into this. Maybe they wont take over a week to get back to me this time :rolleyes:

fingers crossed eh!

26. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How did you get on with your latest price match from JL? I haven't heard back from them for over two weeks!

27. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    haven't heard from them for a week :( , so will be phoning them tomorrow to hassle them - but it did take a week for them to phone me last time so not worried that much :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Will let you know how it goes. again, how difficult can it be to part with nearly a grand for a TV! :eek: just give me the gawd darn thing! :lease:

28. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Aletank - Thank you!

I went into the Peterborough JL on Monday with the info in your post. They filled out their forms and reserved a set for me. I had a letter in the post today (Thursday) saying that they will match it! So I called them up and paid for it on the phone, they are delivering it on Saturday! £849 inc and less than a week from initial enquiry to delivery :clap:

Thanks again!

29. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup:
    SNAP!......so I phoned up JL today, and they said they had left me an aswer phone message a few days ago to say they would price match MKA! So went down to oxford street branch and paid, set being delivered next thursday morning. Matched 799 for the set plus 50 quid del, 849 with 5 years garentee - fantastic! Bloke in JL was amazed i was getting it for that price when he put that through.... :cool:

So this it is people, if you want to price match MKA telvisions and audio is the only place to quote, JL seem to have an excuse for every other company now, so get in there quick before they find a problem with this one! I think why it works is beacuse MKA dont even have a website... we all know how they do sell them but i wont mention it here, incase of JL spies! ha! :hiya:

You shouldn't need it, but if anyone wants I have the code I had to quote when placing my order in the shop. dont have it on me now but can dig it out if needed......

and relax. ;)

30. Accelerator

Accelerator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's fantastic news. Yes I'd like the reference please!

I'd like to get down to Oxford Street and get mine tomorrow as my current TV has just expired!