36zp48 stand/shelf height

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Biccy, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quickie to owners of this TV...i'm thinking of getting this TV but one problem i noticed when looking at set in Currys was the shelf height of the stand supplied, measured it at about 14.5cm but to fit my amp in & give it room to not overheat i need about 17cm shelf height. Is the stand supplied adjustable? anyone else encountered this problem & if so how did you get around it? Thanks.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    no I'm afraid it is not adjustable. You could however leave out one of the glass shelves when you put the stand together - that would double the height between the remaining shelves. (I have the 32zp48 - its the same principle) regards, yt.

3. Whitegold

Whitegold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to get around this problem by lowering the BOTTOM shelf by about an inch. (It's now flush/level with the semicircular frame of the base)
    This now accommodates my Kenwood MD/CD mini-hifi which was previously too tall for the shelf spacing. I've had to be fairly brave using serious tools - M6 tap, 4.5mm HSS drill, and a mitre saw, to create another notch in the inner leg liner!
    It requires a firm nerve and a steady hand, but the end result is almost unnoticeable in terms of appearence.
    I would be able to provide pics; if anyone is interested, PM me.
    Simon