1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp48 Service Menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Vnb, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Vnb

Vnb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hi Folks,
    As well as having a dirty screen issue, the geometry is well out as well.

When trying to sort it out, is there an order in which to change the settings to try and straighten things out, i.e. Para first then Trap then width etc. Try as I might I change one thing and screw up something else.

I have made a note of the settings but they were nowhere near the settings in the document in another thread. I can only assume the set JL delivered was either badly set up at the factory or I have ended up with someone's return.

Thanks for any help.

2. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Hi vnb,

If this is a newly-delivered television, I would be insisting on an engineer dropping by to check things out or sending the television back. I cannot comment on the dirty screen issue as thankfully I have never experienced it but I know that people have mentioned it especially in relation to previous Tosh models. As far as geometry is concerned, in my limited experience, of the 24 settings in the service menu, 12 are for the geometry and the other 12 are for picture quality. There seems to be very little difference between sets as far as picture quality settings are concerned, but substantial differences as regards the geometry.

I am sure that there is a logical way of approaching a geometry problem but all I can say in my experience is to aim for an approximate picture shape and then work slowly from there. Make sure you write down the original settings first of all. (You are probably aware of this.) This is not something you will achieve in 20 minutes or so, this is very slow work but you will find as you become familiar with the 12 geometry settings your confidence will grow enormously and you will be able to achieve a near-perfect picture unless there is a serious problem with the set. You can do this if you are determined to do so, but it will probably take you lots of attempts over a number of days. But again, if this is a brand-new set, get back on to your supplier first of all.

Regards,

BrianPK

3. Vnb

Vnb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks Brian, I had quite a long play with the settings last night and whilst not perfect it is better. I have asked JL to replace the set but have to wait until they have more stock.

Cheers