1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP48 problem - Help !!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kmm, Feb 18, 2005.

1. kmm

kmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Just took delivery of my Toshiba 36ZP48 today. Spent most of the evening setting up the stand and putting everything together. With trepidation, I switched the TV on for the first time, expecting the worst....and got....the worst !!

My picture is wierd. I have tried it with/without scarts and every channel, normal TV, EXT 1-5 is a series of thick wavy red, green and blue lines. When I tune in the TV or use the Sky box, I can see a picture behind (or more precisely, mixed in) to these lines, but they are there all the time.

I am not near any magnetic sources, the TV has not been banged or dropped (well, not by me, at least. Goodness only knows what the delivery people might have done to it), so basically I have spent all day putting together a piece of carp.

Does the screen problem sound familiar to anyone (I wish I coould post a picture so I could show what I mean about the lines, but I don't know how).

I am well peeved. I have been looking forward to this since Christmas, and now this.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Kevin.

2. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It sounds as though it is well buggered.

Get a replacement/repairman round straight away.

Who did you get it from ?

On a brighter note, mine arrived today and it's perfect :)

Can't get component (Ext4) working though, get sound through Toslink but no picture from DVD/Component, OK on SCART. :rolleyes:

3. kmm

kmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried absolutely every combination of connectors and nothing makes any difference. I think your description of it sounds just about right !

I got mine (like yourself) from JL, so it is well covered by the guarantee....I have 4 years and 364 days of it remaining :rotfl:

I'll give them a call first thing in the morning, but it took me 6 weeks to get hold of this one from them, I hope they can get me a replacement a bit quicker than that.

Well peeved, well knackered and so not impressed. On a brighter note, the TV (when it is switched off) looks dead cool :cool:

Enjoy yours mate.
    Kevin.

4. kmm

kmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    What DVD player do you have ? I just bought a Pioneer 757 and (for obvious reasons I can't test it fully) it appears that I can't output a component and a Scart signal at the same time, I have to choose one or the other. I take it you have selected component as your DVD output signal in your DVD player setup when trying EXT4 on the TV ?

Kevin.

5. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    To use component, switch from rgb[video] to yuv in dvd player set up menu.Do this while connected via scart.You can use scart as well but access it from av2 or 3 might not be rgb though.

6. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

Thanks, I had selected RGB :oops: