1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp48 packages

Discussion in 'TVs' started by TWOFISH, Nov 26, 2004.

1. TWOFISH

TWOFISH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Whist searching for best prices I noticed some internet retailers offering home theatre packages with the Tosh 36zp48. What is the reasoning behind this, I was under the impression front and rear speakers are supplied with this model with 5.1 digital built in to the tv. I am not very clued up re. surroud tv so would appreciate some advice

Thanks

2. allengn

allengn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You are correct, it does have Dolby Digital built-in, and Toshiba do supply 4 surround speakers (the sub is in the back of the TV).

However, whilst the sound from these is good, and would certanly be an improvement over a standard stereo set-up, it only outputs around 10w per channel, and does not have the clarity, depth of sound etc. that a full home cinema system with dedicated amp etc. can provide.

I have the 32ZP48, and my main reason for purchase was the very slim frame and excellent picture. When playing DVD's on prog scan, with sound through a dedicated amp and decent speakers, the results are outstanding.