1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp48 - No RGB.....just composite

Discussion in 'TVs' started by andrewg500, Oct 15, 2005.

1. andrewg500

andrewg500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a replacement 36zp48 for one that had a black line down the centre when initially switched on. The replacement does not receive RGB from DVD or Sky on Ext 1 & 2. These are both RGB inputs and worked fine on the first delivered set. The picture on both DVD & Sky shows that annoying and unwatchable interference above words and lines etc.

I do not know if the wrong scarts have been fitted or more likely the TV is not realising that it is receiving an RGB signal.

Having returned one of these sets I am angry and reluctant to put another beast back in it's box.

I would appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Thanks

Andrew

2. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Maybe in the process of reconnecting the SET your set-top box or DVD switched back to composite (if you unplugg'd them from mains or something)...maybe TV itself needs telling that it should receive RGB via SCART like some old Sonys...sorry for the clumsy comparison... :D

3. andrewg500

andrewg500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Kalos.....I have checked and both DVD & Sky have RGB settings intact and I do not think there is an option on the set-up of the 36zp48 to enable or recognise a RGB signal....I think it is meant to be clever enough to detect the appropriate signal.

Cheers

Andrew

4. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    So no luck, huh??? :rolleyes:

5. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

6. Doctorb

Doctorb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a job last week with the same initial RGB problem. There was no RGB from the dvd, sky to customers goodmans plasma. At first glance it would seem logical that the plasma was at fault, but it turned out the dvd was faulty and the sky box just needed a reset to get the RGB back.

At least worth a try first.

7. andrewg500

andrewg500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the obvious kind of things already. I will get the supplier to get an engineer out to it. I wouldn't normally hesitate in requesting a replacement, but after the hassle of getting the preivous 12 stone monster back in its box and then the most ignorant foul-mouthed delivery monkeys in the world, I just cannot face up to it. So it the engineer or money back....and I go back to my 32" "on it's way out" Toshiba.

8. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like it has to go back. I dont know of a tv nowadays that doesnt enable signal switching on Scart inputs.
    Providing the same scarts and settings on the boxes are intact, it must be the Tosh. No doubt its a full 21 pinned scart cable you have.
    Luckily I have had no problems with this tv at all.