1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP48 arrived....

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kings, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Kings

Kings
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

after much reading of this forum I have finally gone and done it and ordered my Toshiba 36ZP48, it arrived last week.
    I am not a real "techie" when it comes to TV's but I have go to say this TV is real class. Sound and Picture are excellent and I have not even ventured down the progressive scan avenue yet.

I would like to thank all the people who gave thier opinions {both good and bad} on this product, I am very happy with it.

The nicest thing of all is to drop into the Satan called CURRYS where they have my basic TV on the floor for 1499.99 and I know I bought it from JL direct for 1294.00 with 5 years guarantee and a DVD/VHS recorder thrown in.
    I know I could have got it cheaper but hey I chose quality from JL over price.

Thanks again all, you have made a man very happy just before Xmas

:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Paul D

2. Spanpody

Spanpody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one :thumbsup:

I get my 36ZP48 package first week in January from JL, cant wait ;)

Likewise I spent many an evening on here reading all the reviews and suggestions and its been a great help.

JL's package of TV/DVD/warranty/price sold it for me.

3. Kings

Kings
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of advice on delivery,

JL do not {well did not in my case} offer a installation service, the wife and myself did it later the same evening.
    The stand is easy enough to put together however the TV unit itself weighs an absolute tonne {I think it is over 60kg}, make sure you have a good grip on the thing when you lift it on.

After it is set up sit back and switch on, bet you have a huge grin on.......

Paul D

4. mariohren

mariohren
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did that model of Toshiba have some kind of PIP (picture-in-picture) even if is only one tuner but PIP by AV inputs like Panasonic PD50 model ??? Which model of toshiba have PIP if 36ZP48 have not ?? I liked one tuner PIP not two tuner PIP

5. ilovedts

ilovedts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree the TV is a beast! :suicide: :censored: Took some muscle power to pick up. Turned it on & auto tuned it, there is a slight ghosting on BBC 1, so I need to tune it a little more precisely. :thumbsup: Did anyone struggle with the screws on the side panel of the TV stand? I found them very tough to screw in? :confused: :mad:

6. jaglad

jaglad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    ilovedts, I also love DTS sound but that is a different matter!!! Yeah I struggled getting the screws in on my stand as well, I didnt think they were gonna go but they did in the end! Glad I am not the only one who had trouble.

Stu

7. Kings

Kings
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep had side screw issues also, glad not to be the only one