1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP48 Annoyances

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by eglons, Jan 2, 2005.

1. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1. Has anyone managed to work out how to get the TV setup so that the remote defaults to single digit channel selection i.e. if I press 2 it turns over to BBC2 rather than having to wait for a couple of seconds for the TV to decide that I didn't want to key in another number and select 22 (which I frequently do!)... there must be a way to do this but I can't find it yet!

2. The Teletext on the TV is frighteningly quick, and the subpage scrolling feature is excellent. However, 2 problems with it :
    a) Unless I specifically ask it to scroll subpages aka normal text operation, then it just sits on the first page it find 3/24 sort of thing and doesn't budge.
    b) I've set the TV up to be controlled via the Sky+ remote and although I can find the button to select the subpage select feature I can't then find out how to select the pages. I therefore have to use the Tosh remote to use the teletext. Have I used the wrong code for the remote or is this just a limitation ?

Many thanks to the learned folk out there

2. scottiefraser

scottiefraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Eglons, I too had the same problems. I do not use Sky + but use the normal digital remote control after I sussed it that is.

To get the Sub-page feature on press HELP and then use the volume up and down to scroll through sub-pages. You can also use the Channel up and down to scroll through main pages.

Hope this helps!

PS the code I used for the Sky remote was 536. If no joy try the others on this page:

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

3. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Spot on with the subpage diagnosis... I was sure I'd tried the volume buttons but can't have done it properly...

Any idea on the other one ? :

1. Has anyone managed to work out how to get the TV setup so that the remote defaults to single digit channel selection i.e. if I press 2 it turns over to BBC2 rather than having to wait for a couple of seconds for the TV to decide that I didn't want to key in another number and select 22 (which I frequently do!)... there must be a way to do this but I can't find it yet!

4. scottiefraser

scottiefraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Can't help u with that one. I think you will have to stick with typing in 01, 02, 03 etc as opposed to the the single digit.

5. Edwood

Edwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The remote for my JVC VCR/DVD combi is multi make TV capable and has a button on it marked something like 1\11 and this button does change my 32ZP48 to single digit channel selection. However the TV reverts to double digit operation after I select one of the ext inputs.

Ed