36ZP48 Advice

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by The Penetrator, Oct 15, 2004.

1. The Penetrator

The Penetrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    He'd get a better picture quality utilising the component video connections on the DVD>TV than just a scart lead. He would then also have to use phono (RCA-RCA) leads for the sound, as well as the obvious digital connection (Either digital toslink or digital co-axial). I use custom made cables from a former AV forums user, who for some reason, has had its website name banned by this forum ?? and their quality is far better than the likes of Ixos/QED etc for the same sort of money.

3. The Penetrator

The Penetrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the toshlink and digital co-axial for ?
    What is the best option to use between the two of them ?

TP :lease:

4. xivieri

xivieri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely buy the award winning QED component video cables, they are absolute superb from my Toshiba SD340E to 36ZP48.
    As for Digital Co-axial, you need that for the sound from the DVD player, toshlink ? I have no idea what that is.

5. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101

You need the digital co-axial to connect a DVD player to enable the 5.1 DD stream, and you can utilise the TOS-Link (basically a generic term for digital optical cable as opposed to digital co-axial) if you have SKY+ as that only outputs DD 5.1 via a optical output.

6. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi all. :)

TP, before your dad starts spending £££s on component leads and digital interconnects I'd suggest he tries a decent scart. ;)