1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp46 Remote

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by TWOFISH, Feb 22, 2005.

1. TWOFISH

TWOFISH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When selecting a channel, for instance channel one on the remote, the tv display defaults to channel 10 and after a few seconds switches to channel 1. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this time delay and go straight to the selected channel?

Thanks

2. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I thought it said 1- and is waiting to see if you want channel 10 to 19. :confused:

3. allengn

allengn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, for exapmle when you want Channel 1, type 01 in the remote. It will change almost immediately.

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    Either change with the Prog + & - or look for a key with a icon like -\-- which allows you to toggle one or two digit programme entry.

5. Steve170

Steve170

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    On my old Tosh set (bought about 10 years ago) there was a -\-- key on the remote, which toggled one or two digit entry. On my new 36ZP48, there's no toggle key. However, I discovered that my old remote would work on the new set and if I pressed the toggle key, the 36ZP48 showed the icon on-screen for switching to one digit entry! Unfortunately, I then discovered that as soon as you switch the TV into standby mode, then back on again, it resets to two digit entry.

So it would seem that this feature is still in the TV software but it hasn't been implemented properly. Daft, as it can be a pain.