1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp46 connections question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by novicelurker, Jun 6, 2005.

1. novicelurker

novicelurker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have ordered one of these, expecting delivery tomorrow. Just trying to work out how I'm going to connect my dvd player as it does not have component out but I want the best poss pic quality. Have ordered an RGB only scart but not sure how I'm gonna get sound. Can I use the phono connections adjacent to the composite input or will that not work?

Went for the 46 because didn't really want the external speakers and egg were doing 17.5% cashback on Currys website on mon, but I've realised it's left me with this prob as the zp46 would have had coaxial and optical inputs.

Any help would be appreciated as I want it up and running with the optimum connections as soon as possible.

2. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi as far as i knoy the sound will travel thru the scart but as the tosh is dd there should be eith or both an optical and coaxle linput from your dvd player

3. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    You can pick up a dvd player with component output for less than £80.This is well worth doing.

4. novicelurker

novicelurker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the zp46 isn't dolby digital as afaik, that's the zp48. Will prob upgrade dvd player soon, but looking for the best solution for now. The Scart I'm referring to is an Ixos XHV601-075 0.75m RGB Scart ( http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/...75m-rgb-scart-cable-interconnect/display.html
    ) which doesn't carry sound. Is the improvement on these sacrts not worth the extra hassle of finding another way to carry the sound?