Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

36zp38 PQ tips

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Biccy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have my TV finally, DVD is excellent but am noticing some Sky+ (looped through my rdxs32 dvdr) viewing isn't as sharp as my previous 28" Daewoo. From reading forums im guessing some of this is to do with size of set & the processing but just wondered if anybody had any tips to get better PQ. Programmes such as Eastenders, They Think its All Over & the News dont seem that brill when i thought they'd be good as they should be high quality (i think). I do have it set to rgb & am using the proper scart inputs & decent cables. Have contrasrt, brightness etc turened down so its not the 100% as it was in shop display. Any help appreciated.

2. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I rmember with my 36ZP18 that if you make changes to your settings whilst in Picture mode 3 it turned on/off(??) Dynamic Contrast which improved the picture quality imeasureably. Also good to turn down the sharpness.

I wonder if it's the same on yours?

3. PeteB

PeteB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try here

One of things that I am particularly impressed is the quality of Sky broadcasts - I don't see as many digital artefacts as I did on my JVC.

4. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for all your replies, & for that link ecspecially too, will give those settings a go tonight. just picked up DVE discas well so will see how i get on.

5. Cmoth

Cmoth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Make sure your digital noise reduction is always set to off and I agree keep sharpness around -15 to -25. I engage the setting for better blacks too which seems to have improved picture no end and always use the normal setting as oppose to warm or cool. I also favour the natural or 100 HZ setting for TV broadcasts which is currently sent via Sony freeview set.
    Good luck.