1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP38, Great Telly, Great picture but one major flaw.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by FlyingBig, Apr 21, 2004.

1. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Faint vertical line running from top to bottom and about an inch or 2 wide. Its positioned middle right of the screen and is very noticable watching football matches. Am i alone in discovering this? It was enough for me to return the set and it pains me because other than that fault it was an amazing tv set, perhaps the best tv ive ever owned :( Now there is a void and i can't choose what TV to try next. Im afraid to touch any Toshiba set now incase i get the dreaded faint vertical :rolleyes:

2. simongwynne

simongwynne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    My replacement set doesn't have the vertical line, in fact the picture is flawless apart from dodgy convergence, especially down the right of the screen (red leaking everywhere). I'm going to get another one.

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Trust me it does! I have conferred with Toishiba tech folk and they told me it is normal although i didn't agree hence the refund.

P.S. when i said faint i meant it, try a football match if you want to see it.