1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP38 Dirty Screen Effect

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dave Deering, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Dave Deering

Dave Deering
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a 36zp38 since July 04, and other than it having 'Dirty Screen Effect' and a very feint dirty white line down the middle of the screen I am absolutely delighted with the set.
    Before buying this set I spent quite a lot of time reading any threads here which mentioned the Dirty Screen problem. I think I remember one or two contributors saying that this effect sometimes goes after a few months or so, mine obviously hasn't, however it's only really noticeable on very light backgrounds, football, cricket etc.

I wonder if anybody managed to get this problem cured, I don't really want to get into the realms of messing about sending the set back to JL, as I can live with it, or is this the only answer. I seem to remember somebody posting a few months ago that he had the same problem and was waiting for an engineer to visit, and that he would report back the findings, but he never did.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Dave

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Dave,

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I've fortunately not experienced the dreaded DSE, but I doubt that it will go away of its own accord.

It would seem more likely that people just get used to it, provided its barely noticeable in the first place.

Only you will know whether you can live with it.