1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36zp38-an?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by telewidow, Jul 27, 2004.

1. telewidow

telewidow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the difference between this model found on Shopbyprice and the other plain 36ZP38 or -B(except the price tag - £899.99) can't find this anywhere else. Also has anyone actually used Shopbyprice? :)

2. PeteB

PeteB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the 'B' just means made for the British Market, not sure of the 'AN' - why not phone up and ask them ?

There is a lot of people have had problems with these, some clearly faults, others arguable if it's 'within manufacturer's tolerance', so I would check out the returns policy beforehand - who decides if it is sub-standard, is there a 'No-Quibble' Guarantee for a period.

I've got one and I think it is brilliant, and (to my eyes) is the best picture I've seen, I don't really like the digital artefacts that you get from the "resolution enhancing" picture processing of some of the other screens. I also played a DVD using component prog scan through it in the showroom & compared it with some plasmas, and I prefered the picture on the Tosh. -But I seems to be quite lucky quality-wise. The only fault is a slight 'dirty screen effect' when the camera pans very light backgrounds, also the default brightness, colour, contrast , etc settings are horrible.

Also, the one thing that I am slightly wary of is there must be a lot of sub-standard returned screens, or possibly batches of screens where they know they have some of the problems which have been reported here, that will have to be sold off through some channels.

3. telewidow

telewidow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply - have also read the other posts re this model and am slightly put off by the hit & miss quality. Now poss considering the Panasonic TX36PD30 - any words of wisdom about this one? :)

4. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search this forum for the Panasonic PD30 and you'll find loads of unhappy buyers. From my research there's not one TV that doesn't have any problems. The Toshiba ZP38 range seem to have fewer problems and have received fewer complaints than others of the same sort of spec.