1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP18P colour problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by d.brophy, Jun 3, 2003.

1. d.brophy

d.brophy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the image below:

http://3z.bz/36zp18p.jpg

It shows a photograph of my TV's picture just after I turned it on this morning, and also the same picture (rewound by TiVo) after one hour of viewing.

The first picture is fine, but the second is really green/yellow. It's not the TiVo, because it happens with other inputs - Xbox, PS2 etc.

It's got worse and worse for about 4 months now. At first I thought it was me going mad.

It's out of warranty unfortunatly. Does anyone know if it's a fixable problem, of do I have to bin my £1500 telly after 18 months?

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So after being on for one hour it goes green?

You could try going into the service menu and adjusting the GDRV and GCUT settings. Just make sure you write the two values down before hand.

3. d.brophy

d.brophy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do they do?

4. d.brophy

d.brophy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    >So after being on for one hour it goes green?

Yes, it slowly gets greener and greener over the first hour or so of viewing. It doesn't go _that_ much greener than it it in the second picture (it doesn't go completely green even after many hours on).

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ?CUT & ?DRV - there are three CUTS and three DRV's, for each gun.

I'm not sure what the exact technical terms are, but they both adjust the amount of colour, ie RDRV & RCUT adjusts red, BDRV & BCUT adjusts blue.

Since the green is going out, try adjusting them. Try decreasing GCUT first, and see if that helps. If there's no difference, put it back and try adjusting GDRV.