1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP18P - brightness fluctuation related to volume?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Michael S Goodman, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Michael S Goodman

Michael S Goodman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed today when messing with the TV that when the volume was up high (I.E. higher than my girlfriend normally allows!) the picture, especially bright scenes, were flickering. I used the freeze frame function, reduced the volume and the flicker disappeared. I have my front external speakers under the TV so I moved those but the flicker seems to be caused by the built in central speakers.

When I first noticed the brightness flickering, I applied the fix posted by DEN (27.7.01) and this made a big difference. But even with that, when the volme is high, the picture flickers.

Is this the same on anyone else's TV?

I have to say that I think that the TV generally is excellent. I'm just a bit peeved that it seems unless I have separartes for sound, the picture will flicker whenever I crank up the volume.

2. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    If anyone's got the settings for the brightness fix, would you mind posting it again, or tell me how I can find it (Search isn't working at the moment).

Thanks,

Nigel.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also noticed the flickering when the volume is turned up. Muting the sound or turning it to zero stops the flickering. The flickers seem to mainly occur on the left half of the screen, but I've emailed Toshiba in the hope that this can be cured. A good test for this is using the Music Choice channel on Sky Digital which displays a red screen. I've got a Toshiba SD210 DVD player, and the screen also flickers when the DVD tray is opened and closed.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?