1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36ZP18 settings

Discussion in 'TVs' started by M0T, Apr 3, 2002.

1. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Having just got this set I am looking to get the best possible picture quality out of it, I remember seeing a thread about the best settings but I can't find it, any chanche that someone could post the best settings for my tv?

2. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Heres a cut and paste from Groundy who helped me with this set. These suggested settings i found to be pretty good.

------------------------------------------
    Groundy sometime this year wrote......

'Test discs led me to set Contrast at 68-70 and Brightness at 46. This makes a huge difference. All settings should be done from Picture Mode 3.'

--------------------------------------------

i also has the colour value at about 45,
    and the sharpness at (minus) -30 ish.

hope this helps

3. RussB

RussB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If I have those settings I cant see anything on the screen. Thats not right is it?

4. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks, this is a good tv :) I was watching stargate sg1 last night on dvd and even that relatively poor quality one came out excellent and the movie looks fantastic shrek alsoblew me away.

I love this set, plus its the first tv I've had that looks good whilst playing games.

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My settings are much lower but that is to be expected as everyone has different lighting levels in their rooms which would impact on the settings.

6. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just wondering, if I got sky digital instead of ITV digital would sky 1 be in widescreen? Also Is the picture better for larger sets because on ITV Dig I have (and did on my old 28" 4:3) a lot of digital artefacts.

7. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky 1 has nothing in anamorphic widescreen (although a great number of the programmes they show are available that way).

8. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Damn that sucks, Sk1 is what we watch most and it doesn't look too good on my set since its so large maybe if I had the 32" version then it wouldn't be as noticable.

9. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Obviously it would look just the same, as the stretch from 4:3 to widescreen is exactly the same in proportion, its just the overall picture which is smaller.

Anyway I usually use the intelligent stretch option, keeps geometry correct in centre and progressively stretches to sides, you get used to it and it looks much better than black bars at the sides.

A lot of the transmissions on satelite are sent out with black bars top and bottom, use cinema mode on these and you will fill the screen with correctly proportioned material only loosing a little off the top and bottom of the picture.