36PW9607c box dimensions

colster

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok, you are probably thinking me nuts, but I would like to know how big the box the 36PW9607c is.

Hopefully the delivery guys can get it through my doorway, but would like to know exactly how massive a box this behemoth comes in.

Cheers,

Col

Well, I don't know the exact dimensions, but it's HUGE.
Took delivery of a 36PW9525 at the end of june and while the box could go through the main entrance of our appartment building, it couldn't go past any other door, so we had to unpack it downstairs.
Last week I got my new 36PW9527, and even though the box was a little bit smaller, it still couldn't fit through the door, so same scenario again.
Anyway, I threw both boxes away immediately so I can't give you exact dimensions, but I think it won't fit through most of the normal doors...

CJ

The last two 36" sets I had were unpacked outside, Hitachi and Sony, also the 44" RPTV was unpacked outside, this wednesday I have 56" Tosh comming, think the front of the house will have to be opened up for this one. :D

When the Sony came I was told to keep the box for at least a week, just in case it had to be sent back, I kept mine as a spare room for the missus for when she stepped out of line. :D

Cheers guys.

I'm sure the nice delivery guys will be able to get it down the pathway between the houses and then into our back garden, and then through the double patio doors.

I've also enlisted the help of my neighbours to get the thing onto the stand and into position. I could probably life 75kg (just), but the size of the thing makes it a 2 man job, yes?

Yup, it takes two... 70 kg (BTW IIRC it weighs a little bit more - about 85 kg I think) is heavy to lift on your own, and it's quite bulky too, with the weight heavily concentrated at the front of the tube.
You can easily lift and handle it with two men if you know how :
just behind the front of the set, at the bottom, there is some sort of gap a few centimeters above the bottom, at each side. The trick is to put one hand it there to do the actual lifting, and to use your other hand to "push" the top of the set back, so it won't tilt... I'm not sure if I explained it right because I'm not that good at english, but hopefully you'll know what I mean when you actually have it in front of you...

CJ

Originally posted by ceejay
Well, I don't know the exact dimensions, but it's HUGE.
Took delivery of a 36PW9525 at the end of june and while the box could go through the main entrance of our appartment building, it couldn't go past any other door, so we had to unpack it downstairs.
Last week I got my new 36PW9527, and even though the box was a little bit smaller, it still couldn't fit through the door, so same scenario again.
Anyway, I threw both boxes away immediately so I can't give you exact dimensions, but I think it won't fit through most of the normal doors...

CJ

Gonna get mine tomorrow..

You lucky person you! Empire-Direct now tells me that it will be another 2 to 3 weeks before they expect delivery. Am now considering cancelling order with them and placing with a company that *has* them.

Could you post up the box dimensions please? Cheers!

TV delivered in box-only the driver on wagon
He and I lifted the set in the box through a normal standard front door and then carried it through two standard door openings without any difficulty.
Only problem was getting rid of the box-had to cut it into bits.
Two months later still in awe of the quality of the picture
NJ

I had borrower big wan from store and the guy helped huge box in car.. Drove home.. dragged box down to my cinema.. and just passed 81cm wide door (box width about 79cm). Had to call my neighbour to lift9527 on self. Wondered how to get rid of the box.. Hmmm.. put it back on wan.. drove to store.. And left keys to salesman.. smiling :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom