1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36PW9607 problems

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Serpico, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've generally been overjoyed withh the performance of my beautiful set, however I have become aware of a couple of display issues.

Firstly there is a vertical band, about an inch and a half in width that runs from top to bottom about a third of the way in from the right. It has been both red and yellow in hue. I thought I'd seen it a few times, but it's cropped up twice clear as day, latterly in The Phantom Menace. It doesn't matter which of my dvd players I use, it's the same.

Secondly, all four corners of the set are a little darker than the rest of the set. It's bearable, but I guess I shouldn't have to bear it with a two grand set.

Comet are coming out to have a butchers on Saturday. Please feel free to offer advice. Should I expect them to say "oh that's just the set, they're all like that"?

2. ums69

ums69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do not accept fault like dark corners. Thats kind of fault had Panasonics Quintrix F tubes in 32" size earlier (PW9616) and for 36" tubes there are higher quality generally because of the high pricetag and 36"size.

In 32" I seen this, never in 36" and I have seen a lot......
    My 36" PW9767 are perfect in the corners.

3. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    ep. I've got exactly the same problems with mine, but i have a band on the left as well... chamces are you have it as well :(

i noticed these problems the day i got my set, and posted them on here. everyone else said that they had had no problems, and I felt a litle left out in the cold. now i know it's just not me.

if it wasn't for these problems i would be dead chuffed with the set. Once you have seen the problem, it is very difficult to ignore.

Maybe we should all contact philips and complain. in fcat, i think I will contact philips this week to complain, and I'll get the person name and rank, so to speak. Then everyone else who has problems with theirs can contact the very same person, and then philips cannot deny the problem. What do you think?

Matthew

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Some are like that, but do not accept it.
    You should not suffer either problem following your service visit, if not satisfied, demand replacement, shouldn't prove a problem.
    No set is perfect, but 36PW9607 is capable of better.

5. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Seems like a good idea to me Matthew.

Thanks to all you guys for the feedback. I'm so glad I stumbled across these forums.