36PW9525 Scart audio problem!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by nictry, Apr 30, 2002.

1. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Hope you can help.

I have 3 Scarts in the above TV and have SKY Digibox connected to 1 (RGB) DVD to 2 (RGB) and VCR to 3 (not RGB) when I switch to Video the audio is fine but over the top of the VCR audio I also hear the SKY audio!!! The only way to stop this is to turn Sky off, this is fine but something but be able to change this so whichever EXT you use the only sound you hear is from that input!!!

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try a different scart lead and see if the problem persists.

3. Pyara

Pyara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have this set but don't have a video connected and hence cannot comment on your issue.

However, out of interest when did you purchased your set from and for how much.

I purchased mine the xmas before last from Sound & Vision (BOLTON) at just over £1,500.

Cheers.

4. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    I actually have returned the set from where I bought it last week (Currys) it cost me £1469.00 when I went in to the service menu the set had been on for over 5000 hours!!!!!!!! they refused to do anything and basically said either tough or have a refund, needless to say I told them to shove it and took the set back to the store (they would not even come to collect it) I always vowed never to buy anything from Currys and wish that this tempting price had not made me break this vow, but there's greed for u!!

By the way if you can find any in stock they have now reduced the price to 1279.00, which for a 36" set is unbelievable but I suspect that even though the set is still showing on the web site you will only now be able to get a demo set in which case no one else will price match as technically they do not actually have any in stock!

Still cracking set while I had it so I had to go and buy the new PP+ version 36PW9607 a bit costlier but totally incredible picture (despite all the complaints about panasonic tube etc.) surely all that is important is what the set performs like who cares what's inside (I suspect some will disagree with this statement :) )

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you haven't got a Panny tube? Maybe you've got a Philips tube?

6. Ludae

Ludae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was lucky enough to get mine new 18 months ago from John Lewis for £1293 inc delivery and 5yr warranty and I can have a free swap to a 36PW9607 if I want too! Not bad at all!