1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36fs76tns/36fs76s/36fs76

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tony_Cook, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Tony_Cook

Tony_Cook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know what these different model numbers mean?

Sony UK web site lists 36FS76TNS, but a quick search on pricerunner reveals three different model numbers.
    Any any of these to be avoided ?
    Are some minor enhancements ?

Thanks for any advise.

2. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read on various threads that the basic reference number for this TV is KV36FS76, any subsequent letters apparently refer to the country of origin.

If this is true I don't know but this answer came from a member of staff at a Sony Centre.

I have also read that sets that originate in Spain are more renowned to have problems but equally there are some people who reacted to this accusation to say they had one that was made in Spain and had no problems at all.

Having been checking out information on this particular model for the last few weeks I am getting the impression that a sony set with the suffix 'S' means it comes with a stand (as some suppliers don't supply the stand).

The only way to be certain you are getting a good TV is to buy from somebody reputable who also offer good aftersales.It appears that you don't get this from many retailers or online dealers. The most commended are John Lewis, House of Fraser and Sony Centres but these all command premium prices (You get what you pay for).

Hope this is of use to you.

Cheers

BAm