36FS70 Tweaks

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Kevin Gilmour, Nov 28, 2000.

1. Kevin Gilmour

Kevin Gilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you might have gathered from some of my other posts, I'm extremely happy with this set.

However, wega being wega, there are a few geometry tweaks I would like to perform.

No problem getting into the service menu's except for the one I need - deflection.

This menu is so distorted that you can't navigate through the adjustment option list !

Anyone come across this and been able to overcome it ?

Kev

2. TM

TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get exactly the same result on my 36FS70. It is only the defection menu that is affected this way. I did wonder whether using an empty broadcast channel or an AV channel with nothing connected to it might help as it could be a 'genlock' type issue, the only problem is I then can't see what affect my changes are having!

Mark

3. michael347

michael347

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try making sure that PAP is off and put the set into DRC 100 mode , thise should make the deflection sub menu stable, but a word of warning, playing with the service settings is dangerous for your set, copy all original values first, default values are not necessarily original values.

Mark[/B][/QUOTE]

4. Kevin Gilmour

Kevin Gilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

That did the trick