1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

360 & Xbox side by side pics

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Pooon, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    nice pooney. that controller looks like it will be really comfy to hold. contours have been slightly tweaked. actually its not that much smaller than the old xbox imo but i dont care its got 3 friggy CPU's in it :D this will take pride of place in my house come november

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,487
    Still pretty big aint it! Suppose it's saving grace might be the fact it can be stood upright. Where were those pics taken then?

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hopefully not in pooons house coz that wallpaper is so 60's :rotfl:

I don't like the HD stuck on the side looks crap & the pad looks cheap :thumbsdow still won't stop me buying it though.

5. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Still not 100% sure about it's 'curvyness' but I do like the look of the controllers :thumbsup:

To be honest I am not too bothered about what it looks like and will care even less when the thing is finally sat in my living room and PGR3 is playing :D :D :D :D

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Nothing wrong with a bit of 'retro' wallpaper!

I've no idea where those pics were taken thou

I'm not so sure on the size of the pad, seems to small to me. I use the original 'duke' controller as it has more 'play' in the triggers so its better for driving games, as you may of noticed i like a driving game :devil: plus the A button on a s pad is to low down so i have to bend my thumb at a uncomfortable angle, a bit like playing a Nintendo DS. And before you say it i don't have hands like a gorilla!

7. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    That's what I thought. I was under the impression that it was significantly smaller than the original!

8. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Controller's nice looking. I'm equally surprised that there's little in it between the original Xbox and the 360's size.
    By the looks of it, the 360 was brought in a Reebok Liverpool bag - see bottom right below the table, in the first image.
    And that wallpaper and carpet - eeyuuh. [​IMG]

9. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Me two, I was hoping to stand it upright in my unit, but it doesn't look like I will be able to.

I don't think I like it laying flat, I'd prefer the original if it came in silver! The orignal sits nicely on top of the cable box at the mo.

10. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Xbox 360 doesn't look very good when placed horizontly and controller is Ok but definetly it is smaller and with different button arrangment so should work better then it's predessesor so :thumbsup: for the controller at least. I am not bothered about how bad or how good it looks end of the day nearly all of us gonna buy it not for looks but for games, good games.

11. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    They are from Gamespot's Xbox forum.

12. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    True. I remember when the xbox was released, everyone thought it was ugly. But I’m rather fond of mine now! :)

13. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I am just hoping they do the 360 in black also. All my other gear is black, including my stands and speakers. My Samsung NTL STB is ruining the look already, I don't need another silver/white box making it worse :rotfl:

14. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    I think I'll probably buy a 360 at launch now having seen the launch games lineup and screenshots, but I disagree with most of the posts about the controller. It looks functional but nothing special. It seems Nintendo are always the only ones to be willing to push controller design forward.

Anyway, roll on the 25th Nov.....

RDB :)

15. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Why not just get a black clip on front?!?!?!?!

16. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Yeah, but what about the sides ;)

The clip on covers look good though. Will have to get me one with a darker colour to match the rest of the gear.

Cheers

Andy

17. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    A mate of mine took this picture in WalMart(USA) today
    [​IMG]

18. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    whoa i thought it was gonna be alot smaller than the current xbox but its not much smaller at all. Controller looks cool but nothing spectacular. Hmm any idea whats gonna fit in the slot under the controller ( hope nothing too bulky like the DC rumble packs)

19. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    I personally love the controller. It looks very comfortable and the button layout is the same as the original pad (bar the black & white buttons). The triggers are further forward which is better and the added shoulder buttons will make it the ideal PES pad. There is that 10% of people (like ole Pooony and Games Guru if memory serves) who love the Duke pad but the majority thought it was total rubbish. I think that this pad will probably please the majority of people which I guess is their aim.

What they don't want is to go through the expensive process of releasing a new pad like they did last time.

20. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Pad looks great, but a tad cheap looking. Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

21. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    But how different can it be? I expect Nintendo will shatter convention soon, when they announce their Revolution is a ‘revolution’.

22. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    I really don't know the answer to that (or I'd be designing controllers :D ) but it's just always a bit disappointing when the machine specs move forward massively but the controller is basically the same. My point was that Nintendo nearly always seem to add something new that is a real improvement.

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy BTW (I've owned most of the major consoles over previous years) but admire their ability to come up with new ideas.

I'm not complaining about the 360 controller as it looks okay, would just have liked to have seen something new in the way that, say, the analogue thumbstick was.

RDB :)

PS I always tell myself that I won't buy another console at launch, but the 360 looks too good to miss especially as the other 'big 2' won't be releasing their machines in the UK anytime soon.

23. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    I personally view this completely differently. I believe that a controller should be as "invisible" as possible. By that I don't mean that you can't see it visually, more that it is a seemless interface with the console & the game. It should be comfortable and intuative and seeing as the X-Box controller is both of those it makes no sense to change it. I personally don't want to have to get used to another controller and want the change between X-Box and 360 to be as small as possible, when it comes to the controller anyway ;) . I want to just be able to plug in my 360 on launch day and then feel at home with it from the off.

The standard controller has been one of the successful factors of the Playstation. People see Playstation controller and can instantly identify with it. This is similar for other design icons like the Zippo lighter. Gamers can pick up any playstation (1 or 2) game & pad and know where they are. With the PS3 they have probably gone as radical as they could whilst still sticking to the same layout of the playstation pad. Whilst it looks different, all of the buttons are where they always have been and a gamer could use any PS pad with their eyes closed.

MS are after this very same result and have wisely kept the button layout (apart from the B&W buttons and 2 new shoulder buttons) exactly the same.

Maybe this is part of Nintendo's problem?? Every console they change the joypad and it gives the impression that each new machine is a start from scratch project with no "family" continuation from the last console. People therefore fail to connect with the machine and the brand. The only real time IMO where there was a family continuation was from NES to SNES and as a result the SNES was a popular console! Nintendo kept a family going with their Gameboy handhelds and they have also been very successful - why they haven't continued this forward with their consoles is anyones guess. They seem to be caught in this trap of innovation for innovations sake. They don't have to reinvent the wheel each time (I have a degree in Industrial design so no a fair bit about product design etc - infact one of my Uni projects was actually to design a game controller) and gamers actually prefer familiarity based on a good solid design as opposed to some new flash controller.

24. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    looks mint to me.

25. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I use to think xbox360 will sell for £300 which is possible but after checking these picture now I think it is going to be £250 or little less.

26. fire boy

fire boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Does anyone know if the 360 will play the current xbox games?

I know that the PS3 will play both PS & PS2 games.

Regards to all Brian

(Don't mean to go :offtopic: )

27. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Yes MS is aiming to make the unit fully backward compatable, however they stated that the unit will have to actually emulate an X-Box and you will need a bit of code installed on your 360 for each X-Box game you wish to play. They said that the unit would at least be capable of playing AAA titles like Halo 2 and Forza and that other games would be added to the compatability list as time goes on.

28. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Why do you say that? :confused:

29. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    My bad, it is definetly going to be £300 since HMV are taking preorders for £299.99.
    It just that Xbox360 is thiner, smaller and looks little less heavier then Xbox I felt probably this will help reduce it's price then Xbox's first RRP.

30. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Given that Sony have openly admitted to the expense of the PS3, I’m sure MS will go for a £299 price point. Before this, I think a £249 price point could have been quite feasible.