360 wireless pad on htpc

hi, i have the wireless reciever conected to my htpc so i can use the 360 controller for any games on the pc, is there anyway i can activate this to use this to control the operating system - instead of the mouse when i am on the couch?.. and also use this to navigate in media centre?

Yes. Download and install pinnaclegameprofiler found here:

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

You can also use pinnacle for older games that dont support game pads. A very useful app. I have been using it for years now. :smashin:

Cheers for that Razor..I intended to get a XBOX controller as well for my MAME setup once I get round to it....

Cheers for that Razor..I intended to get a XBOX controller as well for my MAME setup once I get round to it....

No worries mate, its a great program which is regularly updated and really well supported. IMO its one of the essentials for a gaming HTPC. :)

Thanks from me as well Razor. Should work nicely with the emulators (MAME included) when I finally get round to building the HTPC.

I can't get check the website from where I am at the moment, but am I right to assume that with pinaclegameprofiler you can use the 360 controller as a mouse in Media Center or Media Portal?

I'll pick up a decent universal remote soon, but for now, using a wireless 360 controller would be a start (rather than having to use a mouse).

Thanks from me as well Razor. Should work nicely with the emulators (MAME included) when I finally get round to building the HTPC.

I can't get check the website from where I am at the moment, but am I right to assume that with pinaclegameprofiler you can use the 360 controller as a mouse in Media Center or Media Portal?

I'll pick up a decent universal remote soon, but for now, using a wireless 360 controller would be a start (rather than having to use a mouse).

Thats right mate it will. Pinnacle basically maps the controls from the mouse onto the 360 pad or any other game pad for the pc. Its called WinProfile and works a treat. :)

Thats right mate it will. Pinnacle basically maps the controls from the mouse onto the 360 pad or any other game pad for the pc. Its called WinProfile and works a treat. :)

Pinnacle is good if you can get Vista to read your controller!

Pinnacle is good if you can get Vista to read your controller!

I think you have hardware problems mate. Have you still not bought an official 360 wireless pad to test yet?

absolutely spot on software, works a treat can adjust volume as well as almost anything else from my pad now.. thanks again razor.. def recommend it,,,,,

I am glad your happy with it Breers. :smashin:

I think you have hardware problems mate. Have you still not bought an official 360 wireless pad to test yet?

I've only ever had official wireless pads. The wired pad is unofficial and works.

quick question razor, if i buy the mini keyboard which you can get for the 360 pads (plugs into the bottom of the pad) can i use this as my keyboard somehow using pinnacle?.

I really wouldnt know mate. It is possible, it wouldnt even need pinnacle. You could ask this question in their forums which are well supported by the pinnacle staff.

If your looking for a small keyboard I use this with my HTPC.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=15921&source=googleps

Its small enough and works over 20 foot away from my htpc. :)

hi , quick question, dont if Razor can help out?. i wasnt aware that the pinnacle software i donwloaded was only a trial for 30 days and it ran out yesterday, does anyone know how can get the full version via free download or do i have to bite the bullet and pay the £20 i beleive it is...

Its only £10 ($20) and its well worth the fee. Pinnacle is regularly updated and has excellent support. They will make you a profile if one doesn't exist via the forums. :)

i didnt realise it was only £10 it must have said $19.99, ok cheers think ill bite the bullet as i will be lost without it..., can anyone help me out with how i can put my hd dvds onto my system using 360 hd player, i use dvd decryptor for SD can i use this?.

You will need ANYDVD for ripping bluray and HD DVD discs to your HDD.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom