360 vs ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
jpb82 said:
hi all

ive just spoken to my brother who works for sony in japan.
and was part of the development who created the ps3
tells me that the ps3 is not worth the money
and that the xbox 360 is much better.
he has got a ps3 protopype at home and is going to send me some photos.
as soon as i receive them i will post them.

Right.

1. Your brother works for Sony in Japan? Ok.

2. He was part of the development team that created PS3? Hmm.

3. He's told you that the PS3 is not worth the money and that Xbox 360 is much better? What? Despite the fact he helped create the thing? He cant be very good at his job then your brother?

4. He's got a PS3 prototype sitting at home and he's going to email his bro some photos. Bulls***! :nono:

jpb82 said:
hi all

ive just spoken to my brother who works for sony in japan.
and was part of the development who created the ps3
tells me that the ps3 is not worth the money
and that the xbox 360 is much better.
he has got a ps3 protopype at home and is going to send me some photos.
as soon as i receive them i will post them.

Think we need a kids section on the forum.

I'm back, ready for a flaming..... :)

ricki1980 said:
Not really suprised your bored - with such a poor library of games I would be bored.

What would you recommend? I'm a massive fan of GTA on PS2 and PSP.

I was really looking forward to "Escape from LA" (the game in all the leaked pre-release screenshots). Anyway, it doesn't look like they released it.

smokedog said:
I can see where this threads going to go :boring:

You couldn't tell from the thread title?

It's like the 'Anyone considering a PS3' thread. You don't have to go in there to know that it'll be full of fanboy backslapping.

noshoulders said:
I'm back, ready for a flaming..... :)

What would you recommend? I'm a massive fan of GTA on PS2 and PSP.

I was really looking forward to "Escape from LA" (the game in all the leaked pre-release screenshots). Anyway, it doesn't look like they released it.

Unfortunately, NFSMW on the 360 is a terrible example of the 360's performance..

There are no direct GTA equivalents on the 360, except you could play the xbox GTA series on the 360..

As for the PS3 Vs XBOX...
From a technical perspective, with in-depth analysis, it is too difficult to actually say which is better, there are some areas the PS3 is better, but then some areas, the 360 is better.. they have different hardware designs which make then equally powerful in different ways..
All the game developers acknowledege this, and say that to all intents and purposes, the consoles are equal, it's the ability to utilise all this extra power that is the problem, a lot of the developers say the MS development kit is easier for them to use.. that doesn't mean that developers won't get the best of the PS3..

I have been letting my nephews use my sub-domains of some of my domains, to allow them e-mail addresses like [email protected] and [email protected].. I am now inundated with hundreds of requests from others to use these.. and it seems 50/50 between xbox360/PS3uch better then PS2/XBOX split, which was heavily biased towards the PS2..

I'm starting to think that I should offer the e-mail forwarding addresses to the public.. it would certainly allow me to guage fanboy numbers for each one..

I am more concerned that the 'poster's brother' is not supporting the product hes meant to be developing!

how about a ferrari f60 (enzo) vs ferrari f70

oh wait hangon there aint an f70 yet! not even a running model! so that would be stupid wouldnt it!

a bit like this thread!

i have a 360. its good! its not wicked! its just a user friendly machine to play pc like games, however the library isnt very big yet.

the ps3 basically doesnt exist yet, im sure components do but not all of them put together and working! in the same way a time machine may be possible! and we may have all the components available but none of them are all working to make timetravel possible.

so how can you do a comparison between a real world product that you can walk into the street and buy versus a set of specs on paper sony are trying to hit????

im sure that the ps3 will be good! no doubt about that! im sure there will be ace games, but ill wait for a 360 vrs ps3 contest a few months after the ps3 is out, allowing for the titles to come out and programmers getting to grips with it, just like theyre doing on the 360 at mo.

then one machine may be better than the other........................but this will probably more depend on exclusive titles than any hardware.

*wonders how this thread even lasted so long..

krismc said:
how about a ferrari f60 (enzo) vs ferrari f70

oh wait hangon there aint an f70 yet! not even a running model! so that would be stupid wouldnt it!
So if you're spending today, then an f60 would be better. By that logic, 360 must be better than the PS3 :D .

bishman said:
So if you're spending today, then an f60 would be better. By that logic, 360 must be better than the PS3 :D .
going by that logic buy the f60 when the f70 is out and it will be cheaper but not as good!

thus ps3 is better ;)

at the end of the day im playing on my machine today!
it looks good!
some good games etc!

i go to my mates and played the new toca! great game! graphics! oh my god it was like a time warp!

would i stick to that console just coz of the brand??? heck no!
a lot of people who dont know of forums etc etc are not uying 360's coz they think the ps3 is coming out in a month or 2. perhaps if they knew to put it on the xmas 2007 list they might stop bashing the 360 and buy one.

i will only get a ps3 if theres some killer games!

an incredible looking and with some very detailed bits n bobs version of gta would tempt me! especially if sony have still managed to get it exclusive for 6 months+ before we see it for 360.

i personally have more faith in the xbox brand making more use of upgrades and other add ons, ie live.

iv spent most of my youth listening to sega/nintendo talking about this new add on and that, that will use this port/slot and nothing great ever appears.
see snes cd add on thingy
mega cd etc etc

i think the same will be for ps3. the main target audiance expects a simple plug and play 1 box job.

but the xbox crowd like to play etc, the whole xbox modding scene etc.

stuff all this ps3/360 warfare im off to play my gameboy!
and not the ds/micro/colour/chocolate flavoured one
the old big huge dot matrix job ;)

krismc said:
going by that logic buy the f60 when the f70 is out and it will be cheaper but not as good!

thus ps3 is better ;))
Ah but you're assuming that the PS3 will be better and the whole point was that it isn't a comparison that can be made yet, so we're back to the 360 being better :rotfl:.

bishman said:
and the whole point was that it isn't a comparison that can be made yet, :.

my point exactly!!!! :thumbsup:
now lock the thread quick!

krismc said:
my point exactly!!!! :thumbsup:
now lock the thread quick!

I just ate a candle.

krismc said:
oh wait hangon there aint an f70 yet! not even a running model!

Apart from the one in the garage of our kids mates brother who is married to the offspring of the tart who worked in the coffee shop in Maranello who just happen to have a bit with Enzo some years back.

Just for road testing.

Shhhhhhh.:lease:

Pointless thead that can only serve to incite people - closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom