360 Video Capture on a Monitor

The Bass

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I want to be able to record video from my Xbox but unfortunately I have tight requirements for the hardware that I can use.

I have an old non-HDMI 360 so my only outputs are VGA (which I use now into my monitor) or component. My problem is that I'm not looking to spend £100+ but I want to be able to play in HD even if I only recorded in SD. While this is doable using component outputs and Y splitters, I can only connect to my monitor with VGA.

It seems the only option available to me is to get an internal PCI card that has component input but I'm struggling to find any/cheap ones.

This would be perfect as I could use the component output from the Xbox and then watch/record the video on my PC using the same monitor I would normally connect straight to the Xbox. £140 is above my price range though :rolleyes:.

Any cheaper recommendations would be appreciated, as would advice on alternate methods of connecting. Could anyone who does capture on a monitor reply saying what hardware you use as well, even if it isn't possible for me I'd be interested in knowing.

Thanks to all who read :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Maybe this would fare better in the Hardware forum? :lease:

Thanks mods!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom