360 restarts when changing input

gdbagley

Hi guys,

Have a problem, got my 360 connected to new TV via HDMI and audio over 'modded' av cable to optical amp.

When i change to another input and go back to my 360, it restarts itself.

Any one help?

kav

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

Have a problem, got my 360 connected to new TV via HDMI and audio over 'modded' av cable to optical amp.

When i change to another input and go back to my 360, it restarts itself.

Any one help?

360's connected via HDMI are known to do this. HDMI input seems to reset itself every time you switch. Don't think there's a solution for this, except for avoiding switching inputs...

gdbagley

removing the AV cable that provides the audio eliminates the problem, but I need this for my surround sound.

So another words, its just just HDMI - its only when both are connected.

gdbagley

I found a fix. First, i found a thread on another forum that tells you to cut a looped wire in the cable and switch it to TV not HDTV, but i didn't have that loop in mine!

After struggling to get the cable back together, I got some tape and covered the two pins that this loop is meant to be connected to.

The thing is, it reset itself when it was installing a game to its HDD. Hopefully it hasnt caused any damage...

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
i expect its to do with the "handshaking" that HDMI does and so the only way the 360 can do it again is to restart

hopefully you didnt do any damage

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom