360 & ptae900 - vga connection quality any good?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by zubnut, Mar 18, 2006.

1. zubnut

zubnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Could I get some opinions from anybody who uses vga connects for their ptae900 projector & xbox 360 as to the image quality compared against component.
    Could you also mention in your comments if you are using Microsoft official or third-party produced ones. Cheers :smashin:

(mods - i've posted this in both projectors and xbox360 forums for maximum reply opportunities!)

2. buba

buba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  3. zubnut

zubnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    not worried about sharing as i run it thru a denon 3803 which has a couple of component in ports anyway.
    but, as amazing as the component image is, i just feel it can look a little soft and just wondered how crisp a vga picture would look in comparison.
    i have to say, still picking my jaw off the floor from when i got a first look at a 6 foot wide view of tamriel. fantastic.

4. Tyjay

Tyjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,945
    hi m8
    i ran my ptae700 through the vga input and i have to say that the picture is so soft its was a real let down, the colours were softer but the brightness was better alot.
    its just a matter of taste component in my eyes was better overall, but again if u can lend a pair first to try that's what i would recommend.
    and buy the way i tried the joytec version, the microsoft official is supost to be better??

5. T800

T800

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I was running my 360 through Component (MS) to my AE900, good colour but lots of ghosting and softness.
    I got hold of a Joytech VGA, the colours were pale but very sharp. After using a PAL version of THX optimode on DVD to calibrate games look amazing.

Granted the colours aren't "quite" as good as Component but a massive pay off in clarity and sharpness IMO.

6. zubnut

zubnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    cheers for the info guys (or girls of course -you never know ;) )

i guess i might get one and have a proper look see - could always get one with the 40 quid i'll be getting from GAME for taking far cry back (jeez, i'm still bitter at how bad that game is)