360 price cuts get official - Elite pricing also announced!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Eurogamer.

The new black console with its fancy HDMI port, 120GB hard drive and black peripherals will come in at GBP 299.99 (EUR 441), prompting a GBP 30 cut in the Premium pack to GBP 249.99 (EUR 367), and GBP 20 chop for the Core down to GBP 179.99 (EUR 264).

The price cuts are all effective from this Friday (24th August 2007), in line with the release of Bioshock and Blue Dragon. There's never been a better time to pick one up imo!

Wow, a Core costs the same as a Wii!

The premium is now at the sweet spot for pricing imo but I wonder if retailers will do away with bundles to try and fleece people. Elite would be a great price if it was bundled with Bioshock

But I shall not be tempted just yet... *must resist 'buy' button*

Oh, I got a train to catch, so buy! :D

130 quid for a 120GB drive is a bit steep.

Mark Mac

I agree it is too high considering you can get external drives now for peanuts. But just shows how much the 20GB drive is. Half the price for a drive 6 times smaller !??!

Make the Hard Drive £99.99 max MS and I'll get one.

As for the premium @ £249.99, haven't play been doing premium bundles with 2 games for that amount for the last few months? I'm glad it's coming down in price just not sure if the perceived value will be there but I suppose seeing that price on the high street may stir a few new customers.

Are there any bundles for the Elite at 299 - I think not.

Saw a Premium bundle the other day for 280 with Gears, Crackdown and Forza. I don't think the new premium price will matter a toss apart form those retailers who sell it alone at RRP - and it's not like anyone buys those anyway

Im gonna have to pick me up an elite at £299 i think, trade in the premium and then get a cheap core for the bedroom :smashin:

Im just waiting to hear the feedback from all the buyers on Friday about heat and noise on the UK Elites.

game online bundle elite and bioshock for £310:eek::thumbsup:Off Town to preorder and trade in my premium:smashin:

Given that there'll be even more retailer discounts coming up to Christmas, I think there'll be some great deals on all models.

I am very happy. Elite and Bioshock for £310:smashin::smashin::smashin:

Good price especially for those going for the £190 trade in for a Premium at Gamestation.

Looks like someone owes me 2100 microsoft points becuase i was right about the 120GB HDD stand alone being over £100:thumbsup:

Good price especially for those going for the £190 trade in for a Premium at Gamestation.

Do you reckon that trade in price will go down as of Friday?

I cant afford to trade in until a week Friday (aka payday :D) but id be willing to go a week with out my 360 :)eek: did i just say that?) if it meant getting a better trade in price i could grin and bear it.

EDIT: O god i just realised that means no bioshock for a whole week :eek:

Do you reckon that trade in price will go down as of Friday?

I cant afford to trade in until a week Friday (aka payday :D) but id be willing to go a week with out my 360 :)eek: did i just say that?) if it meant getting a better trade in price i could grin and bear it.

EDIT: O god i just realised that means no bioshock for a whole week :eek:

Apprently the deal is you get a Elite foe £139.99 if you trade in a Premium. At the £330 price that meant you got £190 for a premium but if it's £299, then i guess it's now £160 trade in for the Premium

Apprently the deal is you get a Elite foe £139.99 if you trade in a Premium. At the £330 price that meant you got £190 for a premium but if it's £299, then i guess it's now £160 trade in for the Premium

Hmmm decisions decisions, trade in now and save approximatly 30-40 quid or basically pay the extra to keep the 360 a week and play lots of Bioshock?

hmm i think ill end up keeping it ;)

Got Bioshock pre-ordered, wonder if I should cancel my pre-order and see if I can get a bundle with Gamestation now...

I've just called my Gamestation store and they said the premium trade in is £160. They won't get final pricing and bundles (which we already know) until wednesday

According to the guy i spoke to, each Gamestation store is getting around 15 consoles in.(Probably more in larger towns/cities i guess)

My store has sold half on pre-orders and the other 7 will go on the shelf come friday if there's any which haven't been pre-ordered.

I'm going in tomorrow to pre-order again just incase as i can see people walking in on friday expecting a console

Anyone got a link to the bioshock deal for £310?

I'm very happy it went down to £299, Im hoping to pre-order mine today, I just hope there are some left :rolleyes:

Might ask if you can pre-order the bundle instoor, as I would not mind bioshock for £10. Woohoo bring on Friday :clap:

Just called my local Game store.

They have the stock in now but can't officially sell it until Friday. :thumbsdow

The chap I spoke to said they would most likely be doing the bundle with Bioshock for £310 in store. :smashin:

^^^ Does that mean you couldn't even pe-order?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom