360 noisey after repair

Kelco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My 360 died a few months back with the RROD. MS repaired it and replaced mobo and DVD drive. Two after coming back it died again. MS again took it back for repair and replaced the motherboard. Now when it's turned on there is a very loud 'fan noise' which lasts for 3 to 4 minutes before getting quieter and going back to the normal 360 sound (never dead quiet but thats the 360 for you!). I called MS and after 30mis on the phone they took it back again to fix. I wrote down on the repair sheet inside the box exactly what the problem was. The 360 then spent a week in germany, I'm in the UK, and come back with the same problem. All they did was change the DVD drive! Has anyone else had this before? Is it possible it will get better over time? Or worse? I'm a little fed with MS and waitng around for couriers...

thanks

Did you this latter repair for free ?. My 360 was returned from RROD repair about a month ago, the fans now make a screeching noise (never happened before), and the DVD drive keeps spinningdown and causing a disc read error...I wondering if I should give MS a call and ask for a free repair...

Did you this latter repair for free ?. My 360 was returned from RROD repair about a month ago, the fans now make a screeching noise (never happened before), and the DVD drive keeps spinningdown and causing a disc read error...I wondering if I should give MS a call and ask for a free repair...

yes all repairs have been free (I use the word repairs loosely!). I took out an extra years warrenty last year which was due to run out this april, but after the 2nd repair my warrenty has been extended another year and now runs out april 2009. I think your DVD drive needs replacing as mine did the a similar thing prior to the first RROD. I'm guessing the fan noise that I'm hearing for the first 4mins of use is one of the cooling fans?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom