360 Modem??

semps

Standard Member
I was wondering what type of modem i needed to connect to Live. I am already connected to a 2.2Mpbs broadband line but need another modem. Will the same type of modem do or is there a ''special'' 360 one i need????

Moogle

Novice Member
You need to give more detailed information before anyone can help you. Do you have cable or ADSL broadband. Are you using a modem or router. If you have cable and are using a modem does it have an ethernet connection. The more information you can provide about your broadband connection the easier it will be to help you.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
You have to connect your xbox to your computer or your router/modem using either an ethernet cable or a wireless adapter.

Indiana Jones

semps said:
I was wondering what type of modem i needed to connect to Live. I am already connected to a 2.2Mpbs broadband line but need another modem. Will the same type of modem do or is there a ''special'' 360 one i need????
As long as your computer has a network card then your current setup will be fine for basic connection because you can just hook your 360 directly into your computer with an ethernet cable. The only problem with this method is that your computer needs to be on for the 360 to connect to Live.

An easier method is to get a Router and plug the 360 directly into that. This will allow you to connect to Live without having to have your computer on.

Of course if you dont want wires everywhere you can go wireless by getting a Wireless Router and either a Wireless Ethernet Bridge or the MS Network Adapter for the 360 (this is what I have)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom