360 HDMI or VGA?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by FutureShark, Jan 17, 2008.

1. FutureShark

FutureShark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all,
    I'm considering upgrading my 360 to an elite or falcon, either way it'll have a new HDMI socket on it!

I own a Sony Bravia KDL-40V2000 that has a max resolution of 1366x768 (not 1080p unfortunately).

My current 360 uses the VGA cable and the picture is fab.

My question is this : If I upgrade, will I get a better picture using the HDMI even though the telly itself is only 1366x768, or should I continue using the VGA which can match the resolution exactly?

Thanks everybody!

2. SeeNoWeevil

SeeNoWeevil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    The only way to tell is to try it I'm afraid, or ask other people with the same set. It's very hardware dependant.

Alot of people think HDMI will always look better than vga which isn't true atall.

3. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I have a Bravia KDL-32V2000 and an Elite. I've been using HDMI since I bought the Elite but last night I tried out a VGA cable to see if I could see a difference.

The difference is VERY small, but I favour HDMI. I think the main reason is because on the Sony you can use Wide colour space and have more tweaking options via HDMI, than you do using the PC input. This wouldn't bother me for games, but I use my Xbox for watching DVDs as well.