360 Hard Drive - Required?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I've read the articles too, suggesting that Microsoft are to allow developers the freedom of using the hard drive and exploiting a bit more from their games in the process, which is a good thing.

Will it really happen though?

I'm debating atm to sell my 20GB hard drive, basically I'm moving the Premium into the living room so people can benefit from media streaming and will use a mem unit to store game saves on that system and will have the new Elite in all it's glory in my own gaming/entertainment lounge.

What I do not want is to share my 120GB hard drive between the two consoles. I know some football sims and other games require a hard drive. But I mean the big AAA games, like GTA IV and any other future major hitters. For those reasons I would hang onto the 20GB just to make things that bit simpler.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I think you will see more and more games at least recommend the hard drive if not require it. If I were you I would hold on to that hard drive.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I think you will see more and more games at least recommend the hard drive if not require it. If I were you I would hold on to that hard drive.
Ok, thanks for your insight. Off topic now, sort of. Still it's regarding memory though.

Do you know anywhere that I can get a 64mb mem unit fairly cheaply?

The data transfer kit is a bit useless to me in regards of the Elite if I'm keeping my old console. As I'd like to have a copy of the saves on both systems, and so will need a mem unit to copy them over to the Elite.

I was going to borrow my mates just to copy my saves over, but if I'm keeping both then in all liklihood I'll need to own a mem unit to juggle my saves around from time to time.

I really could do with it being in black too, as obviously I have the Elite pre-ordered and my current console has a Black Knight XMC case. Though I'm not too fussy over the colour if I'm keeping the hard drive as the mem unit doesn't need to be permanently in the console.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom