360 - GENERAL PRE ORDER INFO (INCLUDING OTHER RETAILERS NOT INCLUDED IN OTHER STICKY

on the game site it says:
IF I ORDER NOW AM I GUARANTEED A CONSOLE FOR LAUNCH / CHRISTMAS?
Unfortunately not - demand for Xbox 360 has been phenomenal. We have now sold out of our expected first allocation and are unable to promise delivery before Christmas if you place an order after 14:30 on 22nd August 2005. It’s always possible we will still be able to secure you a unit for launch, but unless we are 100% confident we are not willing to make you that promise.

HOWEVER...
We are able to continue to take orders for our first allocation of the Xbox 360 Core System until further notice.

just incase anyone wanted to slum it with a core system!
LOL

jerkyboy said:
I will have a great Xmas with my 3 Xbox 360's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll probably need them for some company

[mod comment: comment removed - if you can't behave in a civil manner towards other members then you will be banned.]

I wonder what % of the units manufactured end up on sale as the core system? It seems to me it'll be a huge waste of inventory if they put e.g. 30% of the units in a core system box only for them to sit on shelves cos no one wants them! It introduces a risk I'm sure MS could do without trying to estimate the demand for the core system (which at the moment seems to be about NIL!).

Well I won't buy one over priced from ebay, I prefer to wait and buy one after christmas.

I can't really afford to buy one from ebay at £500+ I'd rather have the extra money to spend on games, and after christmas they'll be more than just the launch titles to choose from.

Dont get me wrong I would like to get one on launch day, one of my local shops is selling 1st come 1st serve, I'll probally get one from them. If I don't make it on time I'll just happily wait for the january sale deals :)

tris

Perhaps (nearer the time) those that have ordered more than 1 unit will be contacted to say that due to demand and all that, the store is now limiting everyone to 1 x console each....

I havn't pre-ordered and doubt if I will now.

I've no problem with popping into a store at midnight on the 2nd to see if there are any available.

If I don't get one on the 2nd tehn i'll ust have to live with it.

Will be a bit peeved if I don't get one for xmas though as i'm usually off for 10-12 days then. If I aint got a 360 i'll just have to do something else like go on holiday instead :)

jerkyboy said:
I will have a great Xmas with my 3 Xbox 360's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you okay jerkyladyboy, did your fists mash the keyboard correctly? How come so many exclamation marks?

Did you fall asleep and your head hit the keyboard at the crucial end-of-sentance puncutation? Or is it some sort of more deep seated problem ? Exclamation envy perhaps. Overcompensating for something else? Perhaps you have no friends, or were traumatised by a split infinitive at school?

In light of jerkyladyboys repeated spasms on the keyboard I reccomend we all sign up for a campaign I've seen on the 'net.
---------------------------------------
Anti-exclamation mark overuse key!!!

Nobody has any conceivable use for more than one exclamation mark. No-one really has a life that dramatic. I want to try and gently push them away from this kind of punctuative excess, by making a keyboard which inserts a time lapse after the exclamation mark has been pressed. During this time lapse, no further exclamation marks may be inserted. Though this is intended primarily to get rid of the dreaded '!!!', it may also be used to prevent too many !'s being used in too small a space.

Alternatively, I suppose a simpler version would be to prevent multiple consecutive activations of the !, eliminating the former problem, except when the keyboard user is determined enough to want to get around it.
--------------------

Have you ever noticed that there is frequently an inverse relationship between the number of exclamation marks and the importance of the thought preceding them?
arghblah, May 29 2001

I don't know amazon's situation, but I ordered my x360 in the last week of august, so I hope I get mine on launch, or i'll have 6 xbox 360 frisbees to use!
faint.gif

domtheone said:
Perhaps (nearer the time) those that have ordered more than 1 unit will be contacted to say that due to demand and all that, the store is now limiting everyone to 1 x console each....

I havn't pre-ordered and doubt if I will now.

I've no problem with popping into a store at midnight on the 2nd to see if there are any available.

If I don't get one on the 2nd tehn i'll ust have to live with it.

Will be a bit peeved if I don't get one for xmas though as i'm usually off for 10-12 days then. If I aint got a 360 i'll just have to do something else like go on holiday instead :)

I agree , responsable retailers should round-robin the orders, so everyone gets one, and those who ordered multiple get the second only after everyone has one unit.

Free markets need regulation to stop supply order stockpiling, creating artificial demand, distorting markets leading to inneficiancys in the supply chain, and so I can play Perfect Dark Zero on my RD65. :D

I ordered on the 22nd August from Amazon so hopefully there's a reasonable chance of me getting one.

Jerkboy, you sound like some spoilt, only child - it's embarassing to read let alone post. The only conclusion that I can bring is that you are still a youngster as if that's the attitude of a responsible adult then I do worry for you.

And remember there'll be plenty of 'Core' Packs as long as the HardDrive is available, you could pretty much get the system with the addons for £300, will dent the Ebay re-sale value.

Still sat with the one pre-order from Game, dont need it until Xmas so if MS can follow through with their constant replenishment process then we should see new stocks a week or so after initial release.

I can already imagine how many 360s will be on Ebay come the weekend after 2nd Dec. But if, as I expect, there's loads on there then surely they won't sell for as much!

If people want one that badly before xmas then what's wrong with picking up a Core pack and ordered the harddrive from play.com for £65? Pretty much good to go then! :smashin:

EDIT: ^^^ Great Minds....

CAS FAN said:
Jerkboy, you sound like some spoilt, only child - it's embarassing to read let alone post. The only conclusion that I can bring is that you are still a youngster as if that's the attitude of a responsible adult then I do worry for you.

Right on the money there CAS. Shouldn't little children be nagging their mummies for a PS3 and not a 360 :)

I paid off the pre order on my 360 on Friday in my local Gamestation (also paid for PGR3 and a second controller to 'ease the pain' on the night ;) )

Whilst I was there the manager was on the phone to head office arranging some freebies for the night opening on the 1st/2nd December. He got off the phone and said that Gamestation have been allocated 2000 units for the country and he thought that would easily eb enough to cover their pre orders. He said that each store hade been told not to let the pre order list go above 60 and most had stopped at that whilst Game had been told to stop at 40 as they have more stores (but he did not know what they have been allocated).

I am number 15 on the list so I am hoping I will be OK.

Exactly, can't see them going for much above their retail value on fleabay TBH. The market will be flooded with them and like has been mentioned above people could just get a core version with add ons for only a little bit more that the premium version.

PooonTang said:
Right on the money there CAS. Shouldn't little children be nagging their mummies for a PS3 and not a 360

Yes I must admit that historically the X-Box has attracted an older demographic. Who will be left to buy the Chavstation 3 if all the kids adopt the 360 as their new toy! :D ;)

i am number 2 on the list at my store I should be definately ok. Doesn't Stop Me Worrying Though.

CAS FAN said:
Exactly, can't see them going for much above their retail value on fleabay TBH. The market will be flooded with them and like has been mentioned above people could just get a core version with add ons for only a little bit more that the premium version.

Yes I must admit that historically the X-Box has attracted an older demographic. Who will be left to buy the Chavstation 3 if all the kids adopt the 360 as their new toy! :D ;)

I will! I'll have them both!

Michaelknell said:
I will! I'll have them both!

I'll probably end up getting a PS3 in the end but it depends how much they try and flog it for. My comment was meant in a jokey way ;) but it will be interesting to see if the kids do migrate to the 360 or if the Playstation remains the playground fave.

I've got three machines preordered, two US and one UK. However only one of the US ones is for me. I work at an independent game store and as allocation is going to be tight the other two will go to customers of the store at the normal retail cost. Therefore I'm not going to be making any money on them.

I emailed Videogame Plus about my personal order and they told me I was one of the first 30 to have placed my order so I should get one at launch on the 22nd of next month. Ofcourse if it is shipped out on time I should have it around the 25th or 26th. They do require a minimum of two launch games preordered with the console but that's not a big deal as I will be getting at least two anyway.

MacReady said:
I paid off the pre order on my 360 on Friday in my local Gamestation (also paid for PGR3 and a second controller to 'ease the pain' on the night ;) )

Whilst I was there the manager was on the phone to head office arranging some freebies for the night opening on the 1st/2nd December. He got off the phone and said that Gamestation have been allocated 2000 units for the country and he thought that would easily eb enough to cover their pre orders. He said that each store hade been told not to let the pre order list go above 60 and most had stopped at that whilst Game had been told to stop at 40 as they have more stores (but he did not know what they have been allocated).

I am number 15 on the list so I am hoping I will be OK.

You should be cool. Gamestation managers have been told to preorder in blocks of 20. 1st 20 are certain to get them aftwer that it goes to a second allocation list etc etc.

i'd be surprised if yuo dont get one.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom