360 - GENERAL PRE ORDER INFO (INCLUDING OTHER RETAILERS NOT INCLUDED IN OTHER STICKY

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
try choices guys,luckily i live in a small town and i am number 1 on the list for one

Gadgetboy2

Standard Member
Parklife said:
Has anyone that ordered from Play.com NOT got the email???

I just hope these people who have ordered more than 1 get stuck with them!
I ordered my 360 on the 4th of October from Play.com and I have'nt received a e-mail regarding non delivery for the 2nd of December.......fingers crossed I won't either .

Indiana Jones

Gadgetboy2 said:
I ordered my 360 on the 4th of October from Play.com and I have'nt received a e-mail regarding non delivery for the 2nd of December.......fingers crossed I won't either .
I think there would be alot of trouble if people who ordered on the day the 360 was listed didnt get their console but people who ordered over a month after did.
Not trying to dash your hopes or anything but it should be first come first served so if people who ordered on August 17th arent getting one, you dont really have a chance for this side of xmas.

windfall

I too got this email today and I pre-orderd ages ago. I am REALLY not happy! I knew I should have placed more then 1 order for a box, lets see what happens. I Can see these are gonna become like rocking horse sh*te!!

:mad:

Tone

holtehero

got the email from play.com as well this evening, ordered ages ago.

It says they won't guarantee one before christmas - to be honest i think they are just covering themselves for the people who have bought for christmas presents

Actually, I am not too bothered about getting on launch day as the main game i wanted has now been delayed to February, plus i still need to buy a new TV capable of HD

Sly

i read somewhere that m$ would announce allocation quantities this coming week , so all the shops and sites should know soon how many orders they can fulfill on day one.

silverswood

Novice Member
:( :( got my email from play too. Still have an order with dixons though so will see what that brings, has anybody else that ordered with them (dixons) heard anything new ?

Mep

tonetrainer said:
I too got this email today and I pre-orderd ages ago. I am REALLY not happy! I knew I should have placed more then 1 order for a box, lets see what happens. I Can see these are gonna become like rocking horse sh*te!!

:mad:

Tone
even if they are it will only be for a few weeks........be pointless to pay ebay prices for the sake of a few weeks.........after 6 months are you going to care if you got it on day 1 or day 31?

CoreyTaylor

Novice Member
I placed an order the day after I recieved an email from game to say their takin pre-orders.

I was the 1st one to pre-order at my local game store.

I called em last week to see if I would definatley get one on launch day and the guy assured me I would so I can't wait :) Still not sure whether to go for the midnight launch on december 1st or go up at 9.am december 2nd though hmmmm

dllord

Novice Member
I'm number 10 at my local Gamestaion, so i hope to god i get one at launch or i'll be well p!ssed!!!!! :mad:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
CoreyTaylor said:
I placed an order the day after I recieved an email from game to say their takin pre-orders.

I was the 1st one to pre-order at my local game store.

I called em last week to see if I would definatley get one on launch day and the guy assured me I would so I can't wait :) Still not sure whether to go for the midnight launch on december 1st or go up at 9.am december 2nd though hmmmm
:eek: What, no thinking needed, gotta be midnight!!! :smashin:

kev00

Banned
Well the wife rang gamestation for me yesterday and they told her that I will definately have one on release day as long as they get all their initial release day quota (50 units or the £280 pack) and i'm number 38 on the list.

Hope so!

J

JayList

jerkyboy said:
MEP, I am one of those IDIOTS who ordered more than one !!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt monkeys like yourself will pay well over the odds for my spare one when I sell it on Ebay.

Its all about making money, I could not give a S**T about the people who dont get one before Xmas, just as long as I get one.

Glad you owned up to being an idiot, it's saved us all time. You even use 11 exclamation marks. A classic schoolboy error.

Describing all members of the AVForums as monkeys is no doubt meant to be an insult. However even a simian is likely more evolved than you, you mistakenly believe that opposable thumbs are a sign of intelligence, whilst simultaneously demonstrating that is not the case.

What goes around comes around jerkyladyboy.

dllord

Novice Member
JayList said:
Glad you owned up to being an idiot, it's saved us all time. You even use 11 exclamation marks. A classic schoolboy error.

Describing all members of the AVForums as monkeys is no doubt meant to be an insult. However even a simian is likely more evolved than you, you mistakenly believe that opposable thumbs are a sign of intelligence, whilst simultaneously demonstrating that is not the case.

What goes around comes around jerkyladyboy.
LoL! funny! but not funny enough to comment, oh wait.......

harrisuk

Novice Member
it's all these idiots who have ordered several that create a false shortage!
Come on you cant believe this. Every one I know whos into games wants one. They were never going to have enough stock to satisfy demand everyone knew this.

Estimates are MS have been able to make around 1 million units pre christmas.

Thats know where near enough to satisfy the US let alone europe.

As for Play at least they are being honest. In terms of hardware they are a very very small player. Not only this they are not well thought of by distributors or manufacturers due to their pricing and release policies (see PSP selling pre euro release and forced withdrawl of product)

I think its fair to say they will be getting a small split they are just giving people a heads up. For a chance of a console on release day big is defiantely better. Read Amazon, Dixons, Comet, TRU, HMV, Game etc etc etc.....

Theres definately going to be alot of disappointed people. I hope I get one, but I am prepared for the worst :( I definately wont be buying one on ebay though on general principal.

K

krusty

is getting a xbox 360 somesort of obsession :boring: its not as if theyre gonna vanish off the earth never to come back..........wait till after xmas ill bet theres stacks of em to buy,.....sure ebay will have em on...but end of the day no one is forceing people to buy em.

Mep

well I have to confess i hadn't thought about it too hard.....but I read a thread the other day about how many 360s people had ordered and it just struck me as madness....a bit like people that go crazy shopping before a bank holiday because the shops are shut for one day.
OK if you are gaming nut and want to get one ASAP fine.....but I think the whole ebay thing is a bit sad...surely you're not going to make enough money to make all the effort worth while...so you make £50 or a couple of hundred quid...so what...it's a few beers..big deal

M

mal60908

dllord said:
I'm number 10 at my local Gamestaion, so i hope to god i get one at launch or i'll be well p!ssed!!!!! :mad:
I think I'm number 10 at my local gamestaion aswell, should be in with a pretty good chance of one on Dec 2nd.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
To be honest i'll probably be addicted to Pro Evo 5 on live for the next few months so if I have to wait a few weeks for a 360 then big deal, my X-Box will play that fine :smashin: .

I would gather that most people will at least try and cancel their preorders once they have one (or confirmation of getting one) so that should free up loads on to the market.

Just got my 1 pre-order with Amazon personally so that will do me. Money is very tight at the moment so even if I have to wait until after Christmas I won't be that bothered. Don't get me wrong, I do really want one (more than any other entertainment related product at the moment) but there are other things in my life that are more important. ;)

slackbladder

It's the same with me, Cas Fan, money is tight and what with Christmas too...no, I can't just think of myself. And unfortunately no one will buy it for me. So I cancelled.. :( at least some other dude will get one!
I'm happy to wait until the New Year, I've got plenty to keep me occupied. Does'nt mean I won't be envious of those that do have a 360!

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I've said to the wife that i'll cancel my pre-order if needs be when it comes to the crunch but hopefully I can still get one. We'll see. :smashin: If mine doesn't come at launch then it could be a blessing really, although naturally I would like to be sat here playing one on 2nd Dec. ;)

Overlord69

I honestly think Play.com are just covering their arses by sending out those emails. I ordered mine on the 18-08-05. I'm reasonably confident that I'll get mine on launch day. I must admit if I don't I'll be gutted. I'm one of the few people that has only pre-ordered one console.

These a'holes with multiple orders are going to ruin peoples Christmases just so that they can make a fast buck. :mad:

J

jerkyboy

I will have a great Xmas with my 3 Xbox 360's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Sonus faber announces Maxima Amator speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL announces new soundbars for UK TV consumers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton