Question 360 games and saves - can you move these to a Series S/X

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I skipped the X-One gen but have an old 360 with a tonne of games I’d love to replay. Is it even possible to download those old games and save files to a series X/S machine and how would I go about doing so?

If you have Xbox Live Gold, you can back up your 360 game saves to the cloud and sync them with other consoles. 360 game discs will work on the Series X if the game is on the backwards compatibility list.

If you have Xbox Live Gold, you can back up your 360 game saves to the cloud and sync them with other consoles. 360 game discs will work on the Series X if the game is on the backwards compatibility list.

Pretty much what I did a few years ago. If you have Xbox Live Gold upload your saves to the cloud on the 360 (took me a while).

After that put the game disc into the Xbox One (or download it from your library if you own it digitally) and start the game (if using a disc it will download a version that should work on the newer console). The console will connect to Xbox Live and download your save data and you should be able to carry on where you left off.

If you own the games digitally go to "My Games and Apps" and you should be able to select what games are ready for you to install.

You should be able to see the back compat list here - https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/backward-compatibilty?cat=xbox360

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Getting my X for Xmas so I got a bit of time to fire up the 360 for one last go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom